Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressabeccy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I didnt notice this but Just chect my my blood sugar and IT is 2.3.i dont understand why i dont feel it

Unfortunately, when we have had a few hypos recently, we get less aware of them for a while.
This is one of the reasons why it is strongly recommended to treat a hypo as soon as possible.

It is probably a good idea to set your target level to something higher like 7 or 8, especially as your levels seem to be falling all the time.

Beccy, it is because you are going low/hypo too often for too long and clearly your insulin dosing is wrong. I have asked before about how much insulin you have taken and when you took it so that we can try to understand where you are going wrong, but you don't answer these important questions.
The first thing is that you must take a minimum of 15g of fast acting carbs to bring your levels up quickly the moment you find out you are too low (below 4) and then set a timer and check 15 minutes later and if you are still below 4, take another 15g of fast acting carbs. Keep repeating this until you come up above 4 and then have a slice of toast and peanut butter or a biscuit or something...... but only once the fast acting carbs have lifted your levels above 4.....

Then.... Come back to this thread and explain what time you injected insulin and which insulin and how many units and what you had to eat and when.... Not the hypo treatments, just the proper food. Then we can help you work out why these lows are happening and hopefully, what you can do about it.

First though treat the hypo properly until your levels are safe and stable above 5.

You really are worrying us with all these daily prolonged hypos. They are very dangerous, even though you are sometimes not feeling them and in fact, not feeling them makes them more dangerous.

Hello.

I am sorry if i hurtet everyone..

I eat this morning salat with chicken,wholle grain pasta, cucumber, corn, carrot, cheese and ham a bolk of that with 6 units humalog. And eaht morning i set 80 units toujo

I set 80 units toujo every early morning 5.00 a clock.

I eat 3 full meals at Day and 3 times with a sback or anything.

Use humalog with meals, it is different units, because i eat diffrently.

I use humalog as i tol without meal. 4 units at 10.
5 units at 12
6 units at 14.
7 units at 16
10 units at 20

I think if you focus on treating low blood sugars quickly and properly, as well as working out any patterns to the hypos so you can adjust doses, this will help you feel them. Your posts feel to me like you do not take hypos seriously, for example asking if you can go to bed with blood sugar under 4.

If blood sugar is below 4.0 take 15g fast acting carbs immediately. You need to make sure you carry this with you at all times. By fast acting carbs we mean something like coke. Not chocolate or salad or anything else, just sweets or fast acting liquid, or glucose tablets. Find out how much you need for 15g carbs and make sure you have plenty supplies of that in your house, your bags, at work, everywhere you go.

Set an alarm on your phone to test 15 minutes later. If above 4 have some slower carbs. If below 4 do the same as above and set another alarm. Whilst you are treating a hypo you must not do any exercise like dog walks or drive, treating the hypo comes above everything else.

It is very important that you treat hypos quickly and properly. If you don’t you will stop feeling them, one day you might then go very dangerously low and not notice in time to fix it. You have previously been given information in your first language about treating hypos, have you read and understood that? I would suggest reading it again, may be easier to understand in your first language.

My Long time blood sugar is now 5.1 is that good?
That is unusually low. I think even someone without diabetes could be higher than that.
It suggests you are having too many hypos ... which I think you know.

You need to either reduce your insulin or eat more carbs and definitely treat your hypos quickly as @Lucyr has described

I try my best, feels like yoy all mad at me?

I understand perfectly What you guys have been writing. No problems there.

Perhaps your Toujeo dose needs reducing? If you keep getting hypos, it usually means you’re having too much insulin.

My doctor want me use tha. Only used then for ca 10 days. He wouldt reduce when i askt him

I dont want to leave this diabetes uk, but seems for all of you because of my stupidity and not so smart.

My doctor want me use tha. Only used then for ca 10 days. He wouldt reduce when i askt him
Unlike many medical conditions, those with diabetes, living with it every day, know more about their condition than our doctors. Our doctors do not experience hypo after hypo and don’t know how it affects us.
Therefore, we have to become in charge of our medication (insulin) and work out the dose that works for us.
In the early days, when we are first diagnosed, our doctors usually know more but you need to become aware of what works for you.
Although it seems odd, this can mean doing something different to what our doctors advise such as reducing our basal insulin because it is causing us to hypo all the time which can make us exhausted, frustrated and stops us enjoying life.

I think it’s good to give your insulin a fair trial (a good try) but if it is continually making you hypo then it needs to change. On your other thread, I wrote that you could eat more carbs at your meals if you don’t want to reduce your insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back