Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the usual annual eye screening on 4th October, result - Diabetic maculopathy. Not surprising as that's what they found before. The result letter stated that I would be placed under the surveillance team and should expect another eye screening appointment in January. Imaging my surprise when I received a letter from Kent & Canterbury hospital with an appointment with an opthalmic technician, wasn't expecting that. Well the appointment was for this Monday just gone. I attended and was greeted by a great technician who proceeded to put the drops in my eyes then took 22 photographs, 11 of each eye. I now await another results letter.
I said that I hadn't expected a hospital appointment, he replied that the screening service run to certain parameters and once they find something outside this they automatically refer to the hospital for closer screening. He said that they would build up a collection of photographs of my eyes to work out what was normal for me and they would hope to get to a position when I wouldn't be ping ponged between the screening service and hospital. I won't be holding my breath but eagerly await the results!

Mike.

By the way I tested my blood on the Thursday before my hospital appointment and the reading was 5.7 so I'm fairly happy that I have bloods under control at the moment.
Diabetic review at my GP next week, first one for a couple of years due to the COVID situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back