Say NO to Swine Flu jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm, I've been thinking about this a lot this weekend. I got two invitations from my GP last week to go for a swine flu jab (I guess this is because I'm diabetic and pregnant so appear on two 'at risk' lists) my 11 year old daughter also got a letter as she has a heart condition.

I have to admit that although I'm still in two minds whether I or my daughter should have the vaccine, I'm tending to err on the side of not having it, mainly because I'm not convinced of the effects it will or will not have on my unborn child and I'm simply not convinced it's worth the risk. I know you're probably all thinking there's a risk if I catch swine flu but I work in the health service and currently only 4% of the swabs that are taken are actually confirming swine flu. The rest is likely to be normal seasonal flu and colds.

So I don't know and threads like this are helpful. I'm facinated that some GPs aren't having the vaccine.

Allison x

Oh now Im all scared n stuff about my jab on Thursday! Paranioa which is always close by is now kicking in.
The seasonal jab hurt my arm, which is fine, its expected. But about 3 hours after I had it I felt really weird & now I am worried. By weird I mean I felt sick and had this wave of hot dizzyness that suddenly appeared and lasted about an hour. Has anyone else had something like that or am I just a weird worrier?

What I can't understand is how come Diabeticdave (?) is the only pharmacist saying this? I'm with the scaremongering!

What I can't understand is how come Diabeticdave (?) is the only pharmacist saying this? I'm with the scaremongering!

DiabeticDave's not the pharmacist, I think that was from a friend of a friend.

I read the New Scientist link that was posted earlier in this thread and tend to trust that more than the scaremongering, so I'll probably have the jab - my surgery are getting it in some time after November 18th.

Both Jessica (aged 9) and I (asthma) are having the swine flu jab on Thursday. Two top consultants who, believe me, would not be slow on coming forwards about something and would say, have both said have the jab ! That's good enough for me, I trust them both implicitly.

DiabeticDave's not the pharmacist, I think that was from a friend of a friend.

from reading the email i'd have to query whether the 'friend' of dave's friend was actually a friend and not someone starting a chain-letter. It all sounds too ridiculous to be from an actual Pharmacist. Although I don't doubt there are health professionals out there who won't be having it because they are worried.

No problems.

I had the jab at work on Friday, it actually agreed with me better than the seasonal flu jab, that one gave me a really achy arm for days..My bicep (or what passes for one in my case, more acurately the layer of fat where my bicep is supposed to be...:D) was a bit sore if i bumped my upper arm on Saturday, but it pretty much went away by Sunday.
In response to the note from the aussie pharmacist posted earlier, most of the pharmacists i work with are in favour of the jab.
Two other note (this is from wikipedia so i'm not entirely sure of the accuracy...)thimerosol isn't used as a preservative in childhood vaccines the EU anymore. Squalene is a naturally occuring substance that is found in the human body anyway, it's apprently needed for the synthesis of cholesterol (is that a good or a bad thing? I dunno, i'm not going there again!..🙂)

Put it this way, i don't know for certain how many clinical trials took place on the vaccine, but i'm pretty sure some did. One of my superiors was just saying the other day that she was shocked by the ammount of scary stories that were going around our pharmacy department. In the end folks, it's your choice. I'll see if i can do some research at work.

I will listen to no scaremongering what so ever its me sitting in the room getting it end of the day, nobody will stop me getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back