Sacked my GP today !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Adrienne

Good god. What a jerk. It's obviously the last flipping thing you need. I hope you have managed to scream and scream and scream (but not until you're sick -- where's that from?!).

I bring up night-testing on the pump thread, but I'm curious generally...I guess my feeling is, at the moment, that he won't be waking up to test himself nightly when he's grown up and out of the house, and I'd like to get things to where he can go through the night with as much safety as anyone can imagine or muster... I guess I want him to learn to be safe in his own hands as well as ours, so want to get to the point where we are night testing only in some circumstances. What exactly these are I'm not sure quite yet!

Saying that, my son's stability on the pump is much more guaranteed than Jessica's. In your shoes I'd test through the night regardless as well.

Cripes. I feel for you.

Hi Adrienne

Good god. What a jerk. It's obviously the last flipping thing you need. I hope you have managed to scream and scream and scream (but not until you're sick -- where's that from?!).

Violet Elizabeth in Just William I think.....?

Amyes - Yes, definitely. (Is it Bonnie Langford I remember from the TV?)

Adrienne - I hope things go better with your new GP.
Your consultant and DSN sound worth their weight in gold.

Adrienne
Thanks for answering my query about your daughter's condition. I always thought my pancreas was so dead it might as well be removed, now you've explained what it's really about! Thanks
I can't imagine how you cope with the hypoinsulin thing and don't blame you for doing night time bgs because of your daughter's situation. In general thought I'm not a night time bg fan, except maybe for the first couple of months. After all sleep is important to our health, generally we recognise that a hypo will be corrected (albeit slowly) by the liver and if you get an occasional morning bg high it's not a real problem. I'd definately prefer my sleep!!

Hi Amanda

I think its each to their own. Can I just say that with some people the trigger to start the liver off may fail over time so please just be aware that that may not always work. I'm not telling you about your diabetes so please don't think I'm criticizing but I see people post that I just get this urge to remind them that it might not always work and you get these medical people saying it will which is wrong advice.

Take care

Hi Adrienne
Just catching up with everyone after my return from holiday.
Sorry to hear about you having to sack your doctor! Gosh you have had an experience.
Thanks for explaining about your daughters condition. It is interesting. I have not heard about it before. Sounds to me like you are doing a teriffic job considering the difficulties of her condition.
My son will start pumping on Tue am. I am both nervous and excited!
🙂🙂🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back