RYBELSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetcheeks

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My Diabetic nurse has prescribed Rybelsus for me to start tomorrow, as my early morning reading are very high, does anyone else take these as well as their Metformin,and if so how did you get on with them please

My Diabetic nurse has prescribed Rybelsus for me to start tomorrow, as my early morning reading are very high, does anyone else take these as well as their Metformin,and if so how did you get on with them please
I hope she has also prescribed a blood glucose monitor and strips as that is a medication which induces the pancreas to produce more insulin so has the potential to cause low blood glucose. You should have a means to check especially if you feel unwell.
That combined with metformin is a common treatment regime. I believe there are quite a few people who post here who take them.

I hope she has also prescribed a blood glucose monitor and strips as that is a medication which induces the pancreas to produce more insulin so has the potential to cause low blood glucose. You should have a means to check especially if you feel unwell.
That combined with metformin is a common treatment regime. I believe there are quite a few people who post here who take them.
Hi, thank you, yes I have the monitor and strips to test, Ive had t2 for about 20 years but recently my glucose levels have been shooting up to 18/20 I'm truthfully fed-up with taking SR metformin, since having a stroke that nearly killed me, I seem to have trouble swallowing the metformin, fed up with diabetes full stop! when you get to 76 a lot seems to get you down, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back