Rybelsus experiences

christmas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi all,

Have been prescribed Rybelsus 3mg to start next week. Have been on Gliclazide for the past few months and honestly wish I could stay on it, I've had no side effects and my blood sugar control has been good. I have been on Ozempic before for some months but I didn't tolerate it well - stomach pain, indigestion, acidic and foul tasting burps, general low energy and discomfort. I'm hoping the Rybelsus form of semaglutide is a bit easier on me, as the Ozempic really affected my eating habits and I'm currently on a plan of eating for weight loss that is working fabulously for me which I'm loathe to change.

Has anyone else been on Rybelsus and Ozempic at different times, and did it affect you differently? Or even just your experience on Rybelsus would be helpful, and any tips for dealing with side effects.

Thanks in advance

Did you ever take these? I had to stop as it gave me really bad stomach problems.

I am on 2g (2,000 mg) of Metformin, have been for a long time, as well as Trulicity 4.5mg, the latter not since January because Ely Lilly cannot keep up with demand, and there is a problem with the manufacture of the device for administering this once weekly injection, it was good for my blood glucose had no effect on my weight. Last week my DN suggested I try the oral form which is Rybelsus. I have only been on it for a week with no side effects. In combination with Metformin it is supposed to work well.

Hi all,

Have been prescribed Rybelsus 3mg to start next week. Have been on Gliclazide for the past few months and honestly wish I could stay on it, I've had no side effects and my blood sugar control has been good. I have been on Ozempic before for some months but I didn't tolerate it well - stomach pain, indigestion, acidic and foul tasting burps, general low energy and discomfort. I'm hoping the Rybelsus form of semaglutide is a bit easier on me, as the Ozempic really affected my eating habits and I'm currently on a plan of eating for weight loss that is working fabulously for me which I'm loathe to change.

Has anyone else been on Rybelsus and Ozempic at different times, and did it affect you differently? Or even just your experience on Rybelsus would be helpful, and any tips for dealing with side effects.

Thanks in advance

Is there a reason why a change in meds is being suggested @christmas ?

From the sound of things your current plan seems to be working, and you didn’t get on well with an injectable form of GLP-1.

Are they suggesting stopping the Glic? Are you getting hypos with it? Or are your levels not quite where they want them currently?

Is there a reason why a change in meds is being suggested @christmas ?

From the sound of things your current plan seems to be working, and you didn’t get on well with an injectable form of GLP-1.

Are they suggesting stopping the Glic? Are you getting hypos with it? Or are your levels not quite where they want them currently?
My levels are better than they've ever been and my HbA1c is trending down - on the glic my blood sugar has been really well controlled. Couple of hypos when I was on 160mg but on the 40mg I've never been out of range.

Diabetes nurse says they don't like to keep people on gliclazide for long but I didn't actually inquire as to why during the appointment (probably should have).

So I'm not really sure why they suggested the change!

Did you ever take these? I had to stop as it gave me really bad stomach problems.
Have been on them the past couple of days, no side effects so far. Ozempic gave me awful stomach problems though.

I am on 2g (2,000 mg) of Metformin, have been for a long time, as well as Trulicity 4.5mg, the latter not since January because Ely Lilly cannot keep up with demand, and there is a problem with the manufacture of the device for administering this once weekly injection, it was good for my blood glucose had no effect on my weight. Last week my DN suggested I try the oral form which is Rybelsus. I have only been on it for a week with no side effects. In combination with Metformin it is supposed to work well.
I'm on metformin as well, have been since diagnosis, on the slow release stuff now as it used to give me gastrointestinal issues. I've been on Rybelsus past couple of days and its going well so far. Thanks for sharing :)

Back