Rybelsus , 7 mg , new medication

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had heard of ozempic but had no idea this was the tablet version

Nurse said increase of blood sugars and my weight , bmi etc indicate its use

I was wondering of users views on this drug and the usual concerns about side effects ?

I had a bad time with metformin but it was helpful in reducing my HbA1c

Thank you

Yes Rybelsus has been a very handy addition to the range of options, especially with Ozempic being plagued by shortages for some time now.

From what I recall we have a few members who have had success with both injectable and tablet forms of semaglutide, along with some others that it didn’t suit as well.

As ever I think you’d just have to try it amd see how it worked for you?

Were you on the SR version @Taffyboyslim? I'm one of the lucky ones who were fine after a couple of weeks, and that was the bog-standard version. Maybe a reduced dose of the slow release might be a fit for you?

Were you on the SR version @Taffyboyslim? I'm one of the lucky ones who were fine after a couple of weeks, and that was the bog-standard version. Maybe a reduced dose of the slow release might be a fit for you?

Hi
I was on normal and modified release and both caused a lot of wind and runs

I am now on this new drug so will give it a few weeks to see if the side effects are less troublesome

If not I won't hesitate to go back on the metformin , at a low dose

My mum used to say the worse the medicine tasted, the more effective it was :D Fingers crossed that is the case for you! x

Back