Rising blood sugars!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Sugars

half a plate of sweet and sour chicken and rice, i have it every week and never had it effect me this bad :(

Blood Sugars

18.3 bso was worried anyway hence i took an extra 6 units but to no avail as still going up now 6 hours later

18 is a bit high to eat on - maybe next time take a correction dose and wait for it to go down before you eat. that's what i would do - don't worry it will come down. make sure you check for your ketones now as its so high.

ketones

Ketones at 2 but this is now happening on a daily basis and driving me nuts

maybe you should think about going to see a nutritionist or doing a dafne course - that will help. you dont have diabetes long? don't worry i have mine 3 years and it still drives me nuts at times :) its just a matter of trial and error to see what effects your blood sugar.

Blood Sugars

Blood sugars down to 17.9 through drinking pints of sugar free squash :)

well done :) keep an eye on it to make sure blood sugar wont go too low if you over bolused correcting it (took too much insulin to bring blood sugar down) - ( i sometimes do this). tomorrow try and look into doing a dafne course and go see a nutritionist or even look up low gi diets on the net (maybe discuss this with ur doc first before you change ur diet) but worth looking into at least :)

Diabetic Clinic

Got diabetic clinic tomorrow so gonna have a moan as they reckon as i'm on novomix in the morning and rapid through the rest of the day that a Daphne course wouldn't be any good to me

high!!

morning everyone!!

Yesterday i took my bloods in the morning i was 7.7 and by lunchtime i was up at 16.9! slightly worrying but i have only been using my new freestyle lite machine 5 days so i suppose as i control my diet i may get more steadier resutls , Sunday night i had a reading of 14.1 and i was quite poorly i had a headache and i felt very dizzy as a newly diagnosed person with diabeties i wondered if those where the normal symptoms of high sugar levels???

they could be normal - im lucky as when i get high blood sugar i never get any symptoms. i just need to check my blood sugar if i suspect they are high - but when they are low i get symptoms like shaking, sweating etc.

Steff, as you say you're newly diagnosed, your symptoms may be your body reacting to normal levels by "feeling" low - which they are compared to the levels you had been experiencing before starting treatment. It's definitely worth recording your results - and all associated information eg doses taken, physical activity, food eaten, any other factors eg air temperature, stress etc - and showing these to your diabetes team.

first time in a long time my bloods have being normal. i watched what i ate - just porridge for breakfast - sandwich and yogurt for lunch and shepards pie for dinner with water. and all normal (not too big) sized portions. :)

first time in a long time my bloods have being normal. i watched what i ate - just porridge for breakfast - sandwich and yogurt for lunch and shepards pie for dinner with water. and all normal (not too big) sized portions. :)
Me too, I feel great today, what a difference and not one BS over 10, yipeee:)

high levels

ty for that cope over the last day or so my levels have been abit more stedier

Hi Steff

Glad to hear the past few days have been easier. It's not easy to start using insulin, but sounds like you're getting there.

Copepod (animal name that means "oar foot" by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back