Reversed condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among that group you know, were there any who achieved remission by weight loss, remained so for a good while, never regained weight at all, and then their hba1c started to rise significantly for no discernible reason?
Yes. And of course, we have to remember that not all T2 diagnosis are correct. There are still a disturbing number of folks misdiagnosed T2, simply based on years on the clock and waistline.

For those who are really adult, slow onset T1s, a period of starvation could stall the need for meds and more active treatments.

In my view, subjects in a trial or research project who are receiving reviews and monitoring are more likely to double down a bit around review time. We all have our pride and generally want to do well.

And finally, there will always be black swan events. Those times when events fly in the face of convention.

Edited to add that using the currently utilised definition of remission, the subject’s A1c would not have to rise significantly to revert to T2 status.

I find it easier to be, what I think of as being on the wagon, more than off it. I also find if I get the odd craving that having what I crave,rather than other options as they don't stop or satisfy the crave.
Thx it's the smaller portions that are!doing my nut in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back