Retinaopathy Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

scootdevon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have my retinaopathy appointment tomoz at 09.30 am & not looking forward to it lol Any suggestions for a dropintheeyehurtsand opensupretinasferphotographypurporsestocheckmyhealthyisheyes lol :(

Dont panic just imagine your on a secluded beach in your fave holiday destination it wil be over before you know it.Good luck.Nobody likes having it done but unfortunetly its part and parcel of being a diabetic.

Dont panic just imagine your on a secluded beach in your fave holiday destination it wil be over before you know it.Good luck.Nobody likes having it done but unfortunetly its part and parcel of being a diabetic.
Panic me panic...na ...never me lol ermmmm wheres the exit ..... lol

Make sure you take your sunnies with you - sunny or not, you'll need them! Hope all goes OK, I've had two and got my next one coming up in a month.

Make sure you take your sunnies with you - sunny or not, you'll need them! Hope all goes OK, I've had two and got my next one coming up in a month.

Defo agree...sunnies are in order.

There's nothing to worry about though with the process...they'll put the drops in before you can blink 😉

Good luck tomorrow, don't be nervous, they may well show you the images of the back of the eye which I always find interesting in anycase.

Bernie xx 🙂

Thanx for the support everyone... if only dr's and nurses were just as supportive too lol :D 'sighs' 🙄

Maybe when your there they will explain that writing in blue is hard for some people to read!!

Advice always given to me is DON'T DRIVE, I don't anyway, but the dilation of the pupils affects your judgement of how far awy you are from whatever is in front or the very slow pedestrian trying to cross the road inspite of the traffic, or to spite it!

Advice always given to me is DON'T DRIVE, I don't anyway, but the dilation of the pupils affects your judgement of how far awy you are from whatever is in front or the very slow pedestrian trying to cross the road inspite of the traffic, or to spite it!
Thanx caroline... im getting a lift there & back and got my sunnies on too

You could try wearing dark glasses and don't take them off till the last minute. Ask them to try without the drops. I've never had to suffer the drops!

Back home now... Had eye drops no stinging & had my sunnies on 🙂
Was told my eyes are clear as well 😉

Once again thank you for the support.....now just need to sort out nhs lack of info/support now lol :D

That's great Scoot, glad it went well.

Glad it went well and jealous the drops did not sting!!! Did you look at your eyes in the mirror when you got home?

Glad it went well and jealous the drops did not sting!!! Did you look at your eyes in the mirror when you got home?
Yeah kool huh Lol i tried but i couldnt focus lol

Hi All.

I am a d/e controlled t2 - my fasting was 7.9.
Should I be having this test too - I have my first annual appointment in August and want to make sure I get everything I need.
Is there anything else I should get?

Hi All.

I am a d/e controlled t2 - my fasting was 7.9.
Should I be having this test too - I have my first annual appointment in August and want to make sure I get everything I need.
Is there anything else I should get?

Yes, I think you should also get the test - ask your doctor what the procedure is as it varies from area to area. You need to know what the 'starting point' is so that they have a benchmark for future tests. 🙂

I wish I could get my eyes checked. I was told there was a three month waiting list. That was 5 and half months ago. Last time I saw the DN she said she would send a reminder and that was 2 months ago :(

Really pleased all went well scootdevon - and thanks for reporting back it wasn't so bad after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back