Results are in...

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning

Well results are in, Hba1c is 36, only bit of a problem is Cholesterol that is 7 (high) ratio 2.7 (ok). Looks like Statins here I come. Although when I saw the Diabetes nurse on Monday she said, if you don't like them just throw them away. I somehow think the two Diabetes nurses in tbe practice are fifth columnists...

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning

Well results are in, Hba1c is 36, only bit of a problem is Cholesterol that is 7 (high) ratio 2.7 (ok). Looks like Statins here I come. Although when I saw the Diabetes nurse on Monday she said, if you don't like them just throw them away. I somehow think the two Diabetes nurses in tbe practice are fifth columnists...
My Diabetes Nurse who retired a number of years ago told me more and more patients were reporting problems taking them. At the time I told her I was taking anymore as more quality of life was more important to me than taking them for a theoretical risk .

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My brother scored the highest cholesterol his doctor had ever seen (he said) back in the day, 14 something, and yesterday he was 3.7 and they were amazed and said whatever you are doing carry on. He always has eggs for a late breakfast and just the one meal later on. No lunch, no snacking.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Excellent hba1c! You must be really happy with that @Sharron1. My doc wants me on statins at a 5 reading, and the DN told me they would be on repeat prescription along with my metformin. She did add that if I didn't want to take them I didn't have to!

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Excellent hba1c! You must be really happy with that @Sharron1. My doc wants me on statins at a 5 reading, and the DN told me they would be on repeat prescription along with my metformin. She did add that if I didn't want to take them I didn't have to!
Hilarious... so what is your plan?

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2