RESEARCH- Exploring the impact of the low-calorie diet for diabetes remission on wellbeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElenaTso

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
The ARIADNE study: Low-calorie diet for diabetes remission and wellbeing

Researchers from the Primary Care Health department of University of Oxford would like to recruit people aged 18-65 year-old living with overweight/obesity and type 2 diabetes diagnosed in the last 6 years, who don’t use insulin. The study aims to explore how the new low-calorie diet for diabetes remission with dietitian support, can affect wellbeing throughout the programme.

You can find out more about the study and see if you are eligible to take part, by visiting the survey page on the Redcap platform.

Type of study: Online study- in-person visits not needed
Timeline: March 2023- October 2023
University: University of Oxford
Contact details: For more information, feel free to contact: Elena Tsompanaki at ariadne@phc.ox.ac.uk.

(This study has been approved by @Cherrelle DUK )

Attachments

Sounds precisely the same as the DiRECT trial even down to the exclusion criteria .. are you testing out Profs Taylor and Lean's work for errors?

Hello!
Thank you for your message.
The programme we are testing is definitely the same, however we are not testing to see if it works well for diabetes remission; we already know it does! We are looking to see how it affects people's wellbeing and mental health while they are on it and a bit after. So similar programme, different outcomes we are looking at.
Hope this helps but let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you!
Elena

Hello!
Thank you for your message.
The programme we are testing is definitely the same, however we are not testing to see if it works well for diabetes remission; we already know it does! We are looking to see how it affects people's wellbeing and mental health while they are on it and a bit after. So similar programme, different outcomes we are looking at.
Hope this helps but let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you!
Elena

That sounds an excellent continuation of the work done.
It certainly reversed my diabetes, and that, along with the weight loss, definitely changed my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back