Repeat prescription frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just as well, Goats are definately non-formulary and special order only!!😉

Cheers Northy, i'm in an odd mood tonight, but you've managed to cheer me up replying to my other posts. 🙂
A friend of mine's looking for a community job and i have suggested that a certain company beginning with B could do with some help down in Southampton.

I'd recommend you all came to us, but we don't do GP prescriptions. Also, bit of a long commute....

Can I have a 50ml syringe please rachel? I like pulling the plunger out fast and making the popping noise!

Its always good to hear different perspectives, especially from you knowing the stuff on the other side of it all. Like any service there is the good, the bad and the ugly, but such is life- a good old chit-chat normally stems from the ugly! I dont doubt that many people in the services are doing a very good job.

If we could all start a splinter group and join your pharmacy Im pretty sure we would 🙂

This does bother me - perhaps there should be a spotcheck on meters occasionally to see that they are being used as much as your prescription suggests. I wonder if anyone at the NHS has ever investigated ebay sales to find the scale of the problem (or even trace the sellers).

I would like to know if anyone has been prosecuted for it? Surely that would be defrauding the NHS for personal gain or profit? I prescription is only a document liscenced for personal use is not? Unless you have signed on behalf of another to collect only with their consent.

Einstein, wakey wakey!

Oh dear, I've bought test strips from ebay, cos they were cheaper. I feel guilty now, it never occured to me that people were getting them free on prescription and then selling them. I'd assumed they were bona-fide suppliers.

Oh dear, I've bought test strips from ebay, cos they were cheaper. I feel guilty now, it never occured to me that people were getting them free on prescription and then selling them. I'd assumed they were bona-fide suppliers.

Ah, these things happen! I dont think you can blame people for buying them, they only are doing it for the benefit of their health! If the system wasnt so resistant to supplying an adequate amount of test strips in the first place, you wouldnt be forced to pay for them online, at a price that includes (in most cases) a profit to the seller.

Be careful as I know some people put on expired test strips for sale. Some people legitimately have no need for some supplies they no longer require and have chosen to sell them rather than return them to the pharmacy, but of course there are people trying to make a profit.

I doubt it is legal putting a prescription only item up for resale for a price, but Im no boffin of the law 😉

I wouldn't have thought it was legal either to sell your prescriptions. I know that some people put them on when they change meter and have some of the old strips left over, but I would think they are in the minority.

Rach those 50ml syringes luer lock or catheter tip? 😉

They have finally got my syringes in after nearly two weeks! I am down to 9 days supply. I was offered an alternative but the needles were over 50% longer which I know from experience can cause more discomfort and bleeding if you don't get the angle exactly right - with the shorter needles I inject at right angles. Time to horde some me thinks!

What type of syringe? Luer lok, please, i dunno what you think we do with them....heheheh. Guys, i don't know how i'm gonna smuggle these 50ml syringes out of the department, but true, they're awesome in a water fight. I have to test the damned things with tap water to make sure they're not faulty before anybody in the aseptic unit puts anything nasty in them.

Yeah, it's very illegal to supply Prescription Only Medicines without a prescription. That's when people get done for drug dealing...But i think you're safe on the test strips, coz they're not actually a drug, i think...anybody got a copy of the Drug Tariff to hand? No? I'm not supprised... I think they'd be classed as a "medical device". I bought some over the counter at Lloyds before crimbo and you can't do that with Prescription Only meds.
Basically all drugs fall into three categories, GSL, P and POM. GSL is General Sales List and can be bought or sold by anybody and allows for paracetamol and ibuprofen to be sold in small quantities in petrol stations and pound shops (the latter is a rip off, coz a basic pack will set you back 16p anywhere else...). P stands for Pharmacy and allows for drugs to be sold to you, the public, but only in a registered pharmacy and under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. This is like buying stuff over the counter at Boots or Lloyds. POM is prescription only and can only be supplied to a patient if they have a legal prescription. Insulin and Metformin are POMs, although you might be able to by Metformin over the counter in the US...But then you can buy almost anything over the counter in the US. Yeah, i just checked the box of my One Touch Ultra and it has a CE mark on it, which means it's a device rather than a drug, and syringes deffinately have CE marks on em...

Rachel

Love it Rachel! Thanks, I find all that kind of stuff very interesting (Im geeky 🙂)

You guys are the best!

:D I'm the drug fairy!!! (Especially as going to fancy dress party tomorrow night as Mavis Cruit from Willow The Wisp...doubtless there will be photos on facebook).

Armed with my aged BNF and even more anchient copy of Medicines Ethics and Practice....along with a selection of other second hand textbooks...

This is great!

My bro is a drug dealer, I don't think I could call him a fairy!!😉

I defo going to start hoarding a small amount in case I start getting "issues"

Enjoy your fancy dress party Rachel🙂

Just read it Northe...brilliant as usual and well deserved for rachel T!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back