Recommended glucose metres and fingerpricking devices please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people use their lancets many times? I have only done this a few times as I was running low. My DNS also asked me about it and seemed surprised (and please) that I said I only used it once. Am I a fool?

There’s a long-running forum joke about people changing their lancet once a year (whether it needs it or not).

As it’s only me who uses my meter/lancing device I am happy to reuse my lancets until I start to feel the BG checks. Mostly my Fastclix is virtually painless.

I have a box of lancet ‘drums’ for my Fastclix that I suspect will probably long outlast the device itself!

The manufacturer’s advice is that lancets should be single use. But I haven’t experienced any problems from (largely lazy) reuse over the years

There’s a long-running forum joke about people changing their lancet once a year (whether it needs it or not).

As it’s only me who uses my meter/lancing device I am happy to reuse my lancets until I start to feel the BG checks. Mostly my Fastclix is virtually painless.

I have a box of lancet ‘drums’ for my Fastclix that I suspect will probably long outlast the device itself!

The manufacturer’s advice is that lancets should be single use. But I haven’t experienced any problems from (largely lazy) reuse over the years
Haha - found the posts. Now I DO feel like a fool

I started off changing the needle every time but soon stopped doing that. Then with a FastClix I really only change the needle when I feel it. A drum can last a good few weeks I'd say. That said I flit between doing finger prick testing and using a Libre2 so my usage pattern is odd.
I've two boxes of drums for the FastClix and I think I'll probably be passing some of them on in my Will the rate I use them!

I changed my needle when it stopped working (i.e. got blunt). I think I'm on my second in 2 years.

Update: Wow, just tried the FastClix. Felt nothing, so was almost worried it wasn’t working. A whole other experience than the one I had before. This will definitely make me more likely to test regularly. Totally worth the £15. The contour blue seems fine as well. Thank you so much for your recommendations!

Update: Wow, just tried the FastClix. Felt nothing, so was almost worried it wasn’t working. A whole other experience than the one I had before. This will definitely make me more likely to test regularly. Totally worth the £15. The contour blue seems fine as well. Thank you so much for your recommendations!
I like mins so much I bought spare.

No, didn’t have time to sort that out, so just bought it.
I asked the manufacturer for a 2nd device, so I could have one in at home and one in my travel pack (for DVLA remit as well as long journeys) and they sent me another. Their profit is in the cassettes - I suspect the fast clix is a loss leader. Mention your age - they should be further tempted to help knowing you could be using their product for another 50 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back