Recommendation needed please for a watch that automatically measures blood sugar level.

Tatt

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi, I am new to the forum and wondered if anybody could recommend for me please a watch that would automatically measure blood sugar level for a person with Type 1 Diabetes without instigating a test, I.e. it would need to be continually monitoring and alarm if and when levels go above or below the requisite thresholds. There are a lot out there but most require you to press a function to test on demand. I need a watch for my son that will continuously test whilst worn and either vibrate or produce an alarm when levels are exceeded. Any help would be most appreciated as I would rather buy him one that others have used and recommended. Thank you Tatt.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I am new to the forum and wondered if anybody could recommend for me please a watch that would automatically measure blood sugar level for a person with Type 1 Diabetes without instigating a test, I.e. it would need to be continually monitoring and alarm if and when levels go above or below the requisite thresholds. There are a lot out there but most require you to press a function to test on demand. I need a watch for my son that will continuously test whilst worn and either vibrate or produce an alarm when levels are exceeded. Any help would be most appreciated as I would rather buy him one that others have used and recommended. Thank you Tatt.
Hi,

I don't know of any watch that does that, but the freestyle libre 2 does all those things. They are available on prescription to many type 1's. I understand that Samsung are advertising a glucose measuring watch due out soon, but no date confirmed.

Alannah

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not aware of any watch that does this without being fed information from a CGM. There is some suggestion the next apple watch may have a BGM but that's all I know I'm afraid.

Tatt

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi,

I don't know of any watch that does that, but the freestyle libre 2 does all those things. They are available on prescription to many type 1's. I understand that Samsung are advertising a glucose measuring watch due out soon, but no date confirmed.
Thank you so much, I will look into this.