really dodgy insulin vial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that ages ago with some lantus cartridges, I noticed that one in the pack had a crack in it, when I examined the in use cartridge I foudn that also had a crack. i didn't do anything about it, but probably should have taken it back to the pharmacy.

Hello,

I would agree with David. I've been diabetic long enough to remember syringes and vials where you had to draw air first to put in to the vial before you drew the insulin out.

Also, beware that vials usually come in 10ml where as a cartridge is only 3ml.

If you ask for a vial and someone gives you a 'real' vial, theres no way you'll squeeze it into your insulin pen 😉

Here's a couple of pics of what the vials look like:

917-120x160.jpg

And here's one showing the difference side by side:

6491.gif

NiVZ

Last edited:
Ahh the good old days 🙄

And we could mix our own! 😱

Hello,

I would agree with David. I've been diabetic long enough to remember syringes and vials where you had to draw air first to put in to the vial before you drew the insulin out.

Also, beware that vials usually come in 10ml where as a cartridge is only 3ml.

If you ask for a vial and someone gives you a 'real' vial, theres no way you'll squeeze it into your insulin pen

Here's a couple of pics of what the vials look like:

917-120x160.jpg

And here's one showing the difference side by side:

6491.gif

NiVZ

Ahh the good old days 🙄

The pic of Actrapid made me smile. I remember I used to be on Mixtard 30 and was given a vial of Actrapid for using "when I fancied a snack".

No DAFNE or Carb counting back then, but at least it meant I could have a Mars bar when I fancied one :D

NiVZ

The pic of Actrapid made me smile. I remember I used to be on Mixtard 30 and was given a vial of Actrapid for using "when I fancied a snack".

No DAFNE or Carb counting back then, but at least it meant I could have a Mars bar when I fancied one :D

NiVZ

Well it wasn't called carb counting, but I recall my regime changing from what is now similar to carb counting, to fixed units and then to carb counting. Why the change first time I don't know, meant I was eating to my insulin consumption - crazy.

well to be honest with you all, my whole point wasn't over whether it was a vial or a cartridge. I will always call it a vial. End.

and by the way, the spelling should be phial. Stupid english language changing decent words

and yes, I have used syringes before so i know what its like to use them. But i really couldn't care less what the technical term for them is.

end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back