Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this. Will definitely make a list of high carbs.
I haven't had potatoes for a wee while. I do like sweet potatoes though

I used to have Rye bread. This was when I was newly diagnosed. The metformin had made my weight plummet. I was 189kg when diagnosed. Got down to 146. Got a desk job. In one year put on 19kgs. Now got down to low 150kg. But can still do more.

Lastly, crisps are a no no. Ocassionally I would eat original flavour pringles. Since I had an allergic reaction last year to bacon flavoured crisps, I stopped them altogether.

Curious thing about Pepsi Max - for some utterly unpredicted and unexplainable reason, despite being alleged to be free of all sorts of things including sugar - it has always INCREASED my BG dramatically. But there again I'm me, not you. I don't really like very much that tastes that sweet any more - but can manage Diet Coke OK, if there's nowt else sugar free I fancy.
I think it has more caffeine than the others… maybe it’s that ?

I realised and recognised that I was a bit blasé about having diabetes. Although I don't drink or smoke. I allowed the annual eye screening to give me a false sense of security. I need to be on this forum more, to learn what to eat and avoid. Already stopped the fizzy drinks, and the cakes. I better create a list, and look at what I can eat and avoid.
I’ve seen all of the lists of foods best to have or to avoid. I definitely share your love of cakes and biscuits and have had to cut down drastically on those. However, I made a decision that I wasn’t going to deprive myself of foods that I love, I just have less. It works for me, my HBA1C has dropped dramatically, along with my weight and have now reversed my type 2 diagnosis 🙂

I realise I was aiming to cut down on the sugar. I also have to look out for hidden sugars. I tend to look at salt and sugar intakes
Your fruit juice is just sugar, why not swap it for sugar free squash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back