real good control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done on achieving the improvement Steff.

Have you noticed that your morning reading (I assume that to be your 'on rising' fasting level) is trending downwards even on just one week's readings.

However, your levels are still a little bit on the high side for keeping clear of complications - why not use last week as a motivator to push for lower?

Best wishes - John

Dear Stef,

Your results are good - well done. However, do you have targets? Are you meeting yours? It is an established fact that the higher we set our targets the higher is the probability that we will incur future complications. As you know, I am a controlled carber and here are my figures over the same period (I only test in the morning on a regular basis)

wednesday 25th
morn-5.0
thursday 26th
morn-5.3
friday 27th
morn-5.8
saturday 28th
morn-5.0
sunday 29th
morn-4.9
monday 30th
morn-5.1
tuesday 1st
morn-4.6

Warmest Regards Dodger

my first target was yto jus get into single figures now i have achieved that i look to get below 7 on a morning which i dont always get as u can see by results and night time is to get below 10 which i seem to be acheiving now these are not ideal yet but at the minute i cant really fault myself for the first 4 mnth it took me all my will power to get under 14 now im half that some mornings that is enuff for me personally for the minute

Well done on achieving the improvement Steff.

Have you noticed that your morning reading (I assume that to be your 'on rising' fasting level) is trending downwards even on just one week's readings.

However, your levels are still a little bit on the high side for keeping clear of complications - why not use last week as a motivator to push for lower?

Best wishes - John

ty john i shall i am always trying to get lower and i will strive to make sure i only get better, yes it is my rising fasting level i think , altho im not sure if you mean do i take the reading before or after i eat? if so then i take it after i have eaten on both occasions morning and evening .

ty john i shall i am always trying to get lower and i will strive to make sure i only get better, yes it is my rising fasting level i think , altho im not sure if you mean do i take the reading before or after i eat? if so then i take it after i have eaten on both occasions morning and evening .

Dear Steff,
Taking your readings after your meal is not good unless you mean 1 hour or more after the meal. The figures I quoted are upon waking BEFORE any food!

Warmest Regards Dodger

Dear Steff,
Taking your readings after your meal is not good unless you mean 1 hour or more after the meal. The figures I quoted are upon waking BEFORE any food!

Warmest Regards Dodger

yes i meant 1 hour after meal dodger

yes i meant 1 hour after meal dodger
Steff - Your 'on rising' fasting level is when you get up before eating anything. Given that both your morning and evening readings are being taken one hour after eating on both occasions your results are better than I first thought. Keep at it - you'll get even better I'm certain.

Best wishes - John

Last edited:
Great news Steff! (waves arms doing a little dance...) Keep up the good work! Remember that any reduction in blood sugar is better for you. I'm really pleased for you coz you were so frustrated before...hope this is encouraging!

Rachel

how come you guys test an hour after and not two hours?
Hi Katie,

These days, I'm only interested to try to find the peak readings and they occur around one hour after eating. I try to keep that reading below 8 and manage to achieve that most of the time.

Testing at two hours doesn't tell you much about how high your readings went after a particular meal unless the meal was very bad for blood glucose levels.

Best wishes - John

Great news Steff! (waves arms doing a little dance...) Keep up the good work! Remember that any reduction in blood sugar is better for you. I'm really pleased for you coz you were so frustrated before...hope this is encouraging!

Rachel

ty rachel seems persistance paid off i guess, x

Well done steff - you have every right to feel proud of yourself! Keep up the fab work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back