Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies! I know I am a bit of an old dinosaur - but could you keep the language down please? There are some younger members of this forum and I would hate them to read some of the bad language on here! Come on ladies - your better than that!:DBev

what language? :confused:

Hi Sam,

The heading of the thread and the reply made by Shellby - four letter word.🙂Bev

i said effing because i didnt want to swear BECAUSE of younger people reading. I really don't see how it can be offensive in any way? Or bad for kids?

as for anything else...i didn't even notice

Sam,
I dont want to get into an argument about whether the word you used was offensive or not - clearly it was as i was offended and it is fairly obvious what you meant by it.🙂 I noticed the other four letter word because i also found it offensive. I absolutely understand that on places like facebook etc this is very commonly used sort of language - but i dont think its appropriate on here thats all. Alex would have read your title and known what it meant - as would other children i suspect. I think (?) there was a sticky asking people not to use bad language etc - but i dont know where it has gone.:confused:

The sticky was created due to a few of the members using really bad language and not understanding how offended others felt. They have since left the forum. I know I am not the only one who doesnt like bad language and I just felt it was ok for me to mention it. I am not trying to have a 'go' at you Sam, I just think if we start accepting bad language then we go down a road that wouldnt suit lots of people on here.🙂Bev

well unfortunately theres nothing i can do about the title of the thread

the thread has been up for a day bev...why didn't you say anything before?

not being horrible, just curious yknow

Last edited:
I would like to support Bev here thinking about it, perhaps a mod can change titles if this occurs again? It is obvious what the title means, and I guess this is part of the bigger problem, people thinking they're not swearing when they practically are, they're using a word in the same manor, and kids are quick at picking things like this up.

Peace out.

Rossi 🙂

Sam, I did notice it straight away, but as I am not a moderator I didnt think it was my place. However, it seems so quiet at the moment and not many moderators on so perhaps they havent noticed - I dont know Sam. I think Northey is needing some quiet time at the moment so I dont think he has been on much. Sam - please dont take this to heart at all - its not a personal attack on you - it was just a reminder that some people can be offended by bad language.🙂Bev

practically or not, if i caused 'offence' then i didn't mean it

peace out to you too

Bev said:
Sam - please dont take this to heart at all - its not a personal attack on you - it was just a reminder that some people can be offended by bad language

not taken to heart. I still don't think its bad but there we go 🙂

Last edited:
I have just read all this thread and agree with bev the 4 letter t word is naughty on a chat forom and isint usually allowed.

I'm ashamed to say that I was not aware that the 't' word was in fact regarded as a swear word and I have used it many times without realising this. My 20 year old daughter had to explain it to me... 😱😱

I'm ashamed to say that I was not aware that the 't' word was in fact regarded as a swear word and I have used it many times without realising this. My 20 year old daughter had to explain it to me... 😱😱

it is in some parts of the country..
...this is really part of the problem we are different but come together under one cause to SUPPORT one another through day to day living with D .... Moderation in lifestyle also can mean lanugage, aswell as consideration to everyones individual needs ...i thought the problem was resolved in the initial thread but sadly it spilled out to another thread.... hopefully our good friends will return as im i am sad to see them leave as i would be with anyone who chooses to do so ....so as rossi says lets all chill xx

What is the t word? This has turned into the daftest thread ever (or at least since the last one 🙂 ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back