"quote"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy, slow down there mate - we are each allowed our opinion

Just a pity we can't take the best people from each party.

Vince Cable on the financial side

Some Austrailan for their take on immigration

That sort of thing

Oh come off it - we are in the worst position of any of the major powers precisely because of Browns inept management when he was at no 11. He is not a scapegoat, he is the guilty party.

While the Torys are not particularly awe inspiring at the moment I see no choice but to vote for them - the options:

• Vote labour - reward them for their abysmal mismanagement
  • Vote Lib dem - exactly what Labour would want you to do as it is a wasted vote, but will take a vote from the tories - Lib Dem will not get in this time the deficit is just to big
  • Vote Tory - the only option that will get rid of this bunch of economy wreckers out of power
  • Abstain - not an option - its sticking your heads in the sand - you have a vote so use it (lots of people around the world dont have that right)

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. I just don't agree with it. And I'm not going to get into it any further. Not because I can't back up my opinion, but because if you've got that as your mindset, I could tell you facts and present you with evidence, but I don't think it would make any difference. 🙂

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. I just don't agree with it. And I'm not going to get into it any further. Not because I can't back up my opinion, but because if you've got that as your mindset, I could tell you facts and present you with evidence, but I don't think it would make any difference. 🙂

Now where is the mindset issue here !!! 🙂

Sandy, slow down there mate - we are each allowed our opinion

Of course we are and I am expressing mine - I am just incredulous that some people continue to vote labour. I have always been a Tory boy and as I said above I am not massively impresed by the current Tory front line (which is hardly the comment of someone with an entrenched view point) and my opinion is that Lib dems can not win, Labour have screwed up and we cant afford to let them get away with it (pensions amongst other things spring to mind) so the only other alternative is a vote for the Tories.

Very impressed that sacredheart can make sure a cutting analysis of my standpoint from two short political posts 🙂

sorry guys i think a lots of people they never really experience any kind of crisis in their life (especially young ones) i mean economic financial crisis because of my back grounds i dont really feel too worryed and the italian economy and work market is o lot different from england so i dont really worry too much i have done it for too long and sometimes people dont realise how good is living in the uk you should try to live in europe for real not on holiday only and i have the example in my family my brother in law and parents in law emigrates to spain 10 yers ago thinking only about golf and sun unfortunatly my brother in law is working here now and go back to see his family every 3/4 weeks and my parents in law they always winging about how many good things still in england and spin is not so good too expensive too hot not even what the spanish are doing is wright they forgot that they are the foreigner and is not always easy like they showing on tv

Last edited:
If you put down that 'these are your options' in a (I'm struggling to find the word I'm after here, so it mught come off not how I'm intending, for the record) condensed, bulletpoint form, it comes over to me that you've thought long and hard about your opinion, and that it's probably something you feel strongly about it. You have just said that you find 'incredulous that some people continue to vote Labour', and say that your view is entrenched.

Seriously, no offense is intended, but that seems to me that though perhaps 'mindset' is the wrong word to use, you surely have strong viewpoints on the matter. My personal mindset on the matter is completely opposite. I don't know how people can bear to vote Conservative, and the only way that comes to mind that I would EVER vote that way was if the BNP was the only alternative. But that is just my own personal view, at the end of the day.

Mods, could this thread be split off into Off Topic? I feel we're hijacking the original topic, which is a bit rude. Apologies on my part. This is exactly why I try to avoid politics threads normally! 🙂

Hmm...can we move back to the topic of Daniela's original post please, and someone help her find a quote that concerns diabetes and family life?

Hmm...can we move back to the topic of Daniela's original post please, and someone help her find a quote that concerns diabetes and family life?

thanks i really hoped that you jump in northerner😱 i really wanted some nice quotes but every body want to make complains i know sometimes feel good to make a rant but is not what i was expecting 😉

It is a shame we can't have the best of each party...

I don't think it is business of a board like this to be "helping" any political party. Personally I hope your Labour friend loses miserably.

I don't think it is business of a board like this to be "helping" any political party. Personally I hope your Labour friend loses miserably.

You should think of this as someone wanting to help diabetics and their carers, not as a political point-scoring indulgence. If one candidate is prepared to highlight diabetes maybe his less-enlightened opponents will also make it an issue. Who wins? We all do.

Why is it politics always stirs up such deep strong feelings, I only get those feelings when, well I probably don't !

I do vote but am not going to comment on my stance (generally leaning at a bar!) and am quite realistic that the plum up there cannot keep the whole population happy.

So back in your box you lot! In the nicest possibly way😉

Rossi:D

Why is it politics always stirs up such deep strong feelings, I only get those feelings when, well I probably don't !

I do vote but am not going to comment on my stance (generally leaning at a bar!) and am quite realistic that the plum up there cannot keep the whole population happy.

So back in your box you lot! In the nicest possibly way😉

Rossi:D

Im with Rossi on this one !!!

If you put down that 'these are your options' in a (I'm struggling to find the word I'm after here, so it mught come off not how I'm intending, for the record) condensed, bulletpoint form, it comes over to me that you've thought long and hard about your opinion, and that it's probably something you feel strongly about it. You have just said that you find 'incredulous that some people continue to vote Labour', and say that your view is entrenched.

We obvioulsy use bullet points in a different way - I use them simply to highlight alternatives. I never said my view point was entrenched - I said the exact opposite - I said hardly the comment of someone with an entrenched viewpoint. For the record I thought about it for as long as it took me to scribble it down - I am meant to be at work🙂

What I dont do is say that I can provide facts and then refuse to do so. I am sure you can supply some statistics that we can argue/chat/discuss animatedly about for a while 🙂

Anyway weekend fast approaching and I have neices and nephews to spend with.

Go ahead for labour or lib dem - you'll get the government you deserve and I'll probably emigrate 🙂

Well, it all doesn't matter these days.

Isn't it Mr Rumpey Pumpey who runs everything now anyway? 😛:D

Andy

You should think of this as someone wanting to help diabetics and their carers, not as a political point-scoring indulgence. If one candidate is prepared to highlight diabetes maybe his less-enlightened opponents will also make it an issue. Who wins? We all do.

Well said Northey,
This thread wasnt intended as a platform for peoples personal political viewpoints - it was just a simple question - to give diabetes a 'voice'. Unfortunately I cant think of what I want to say in one sentence, I have so many questions - but mostly around the issues of school and its lack of care etc.. not sure this is what you were after Daniela.🙂Bev

thankyou bev your reply give me a few ideas

I would just like to say that as I work for the government and have spent years having to work with badly thought out policies and legislation I have a slightly better insight into this government then most people on this forum and would certainly not vote for Labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back