Pumpers who started in Nov or thereabouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, the next HbA1c - had blood sample taken for it at the pump review clinic on Wednesday, so that'll be interesting!

Met up then with the 4 of us who started pumping at the same time, we must all be up for it as we all turned up, not always the case I believe.

Well, results were better than they had been BEFORE going on the pump, if not by much, and the DSN was so encouraging to us all. Just small recommendations, and everyone adds their bit, I'm sure the encouragement matters as much as anything. We were all somewhat floored to hear that one of our group (don't think she'd mind me saying this) had been a homeless drug and alcohol dependent less than 5 years ago, now incredibly positive (best results of all of us) just finding joy in life at being well and supported by the NHS and Britain's wonderful system - her words. Came home feeling anything was possible and will try harder than ever.

Had my first check up at the pump clinic today and first post pump HbA1C results.

7.1, still a lot of room for improvement but my last one was 8.6 so I'm pretty pleased.

We spent a bit of time going back through my results, mornings are looking OK, most of my problems are in the afternoons. So it's another round of afternoon and evening basal testing for me.

Had my first check up at the pump clinic today and first post pump HbA1C results.

7.1, still a lot of room for improvement but my last one was 8.6 so I'm pretty pleased.

We spent a bit of time going back through my results, mornings are looking OK, most of my problems are in the afternoons. So it's another round of afternoon and evening basal testing for me.

That's a terrific result! 🙂 You don't want things coming down too quickly, so it looks like you are making great progress 🙂

I got my pump on 20 November and still not been to a pump clinic. Not sure there is one at my hospital. My DSN at the GP is lovely but has no idea how pumps work Still Roche are very helpful with any queries.

Good news is that I now feel so much better and have a lot more energy. Very glad I didn't give up on the pump although it was tempting in the first few weeks! :D

Laughing Hyena

That's a brilliant reduction in Hba1c. Well done!

Maryanne - who gave you the pump in the first place? Do you not go back to see them rather than the local hospital? I presume whoever gave it to you is funding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back