Pumper Mums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pumper Mums! Pumper Mums! Let?s give a cheer for Pumper Mums!
Now, there?s a bunch of ladies who can really do their sums!
They can bolus for a biscuit, or a piece of apple pie,
And adjust a temporary basal rate if levels are too high!

They can dual wave a pizza so the levels don?t go spiking,
And tweak in tiny increments so the setting?s to their liking!
And when the DSN says they must learn to trust the pump,
Then they?ll use the bolus wizard to avoid a nasty jump!

Hurrah, hurrah for Pumper Mums
Up and down the land!
They?ll be prepared, whatever comes,
Patricia, Adrienne and Mand!

(and Our Bev, soon we hope!)

You're all awesome!

:D

(c) 2009 Northerner

Aaah! Thats a great one Northerner! Feels like we're a family!:D

So, in light of the fact that you have written a poem about the mum's - I have decided to 'let' you make reference to your 'wife' (including pictures) for a period of no more than 24 hours starting forthwidth.:D

Please note: I think you should warn anyone under the age of 21 that your pictures may cause offence and night-time terrors........and that anyone over the age of 21 many need a stiff whisky before perusing them..........

That is fantastic Northerner. Do i have your permission to post it to my email group and also to send it to my DSN, she will love it.

I won't do that until you say I can, promise. :D

Aaah! Thats a great one Northerner! Feels like we're a family!:D

So, in light of the fact that you have written a poem about the mum's - I have decided to 'let' you make reference to your 'wife' (including pictures) for a period of no more than 24 hours starting forthwidth.:D

Please note: I think you should warn anyone under the age of 21 that your pictures may cause offence and night-time terrors........and that anyone over the age of 21 many need a stiff whisky before perusing them..........

I can't pass up an opportunity like that! Here she is in her wedding dress...

l_e74a91cc4300cda384f2c8c5db1f92af.jpg

That is fantastic Northerner. Do i have your permission to post it to my email group and also to send it to my DSN, she will love it.

I won't do that until you say I can, promise. :D

Of course you may!:D

Another brilliant poem Northerner !! keep them coming !🙂🙂🙂

Oh Northerner! You truly are a star! What an honour to have my name in a poem! Wow!

Thank yoUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Wow! That's fantastic 🙂 Are you on facebook?

Becca

Mum to 7 year old pumping Medtronic 522

Wow! That's fantastic 🙂 Are you on facebook?

Becca

Mum to 7 year old pumping Medtronic 522

Thanks Becca! I have a blog with quite a few of my poems on it, click on the link in my signature and it will take you there.🙂

awesome as usual.

This does make me wonder though... where are all the dad's??? 🙄

Mine was pretty useless when I was diagnosed.

Northerner, I'm tickled pink! There I was in the 3am club last night thinking oh well here we are together -- and here we really are, together! Love it.

(re dads: Katie, my son's is absolutely there for him, thank goodness -- he keeps all the charts and does all the emailing, as well as fair share of 3am tests and adjustments. Etc But Adrienne knows more from experience with other families that it's a bit more hit and miss than it really should be. A great shame.)

Northerner, I'm tickled pink! There I was in the 3am club last night thinking oh well here we are together -- and here we really are, together! Love it.

(re dads: Katie, my son's is absolutely there for him, thank goodness -- he keeps all the charts and does all the emailing, as well as fair share of 3am tests and adjustments. Etc But Adrienne knows more from experience with other families that it's a bit more hit and miss than it really should be. A great shame.)

I'm glad E's dad is there for him 🙂

Personally my dad was rubbish when I was diagnosed :(

I'm glad E's dad is there for him 🙂

Personally my dad was rubbish when I was diagnosed :(

It's a very different situation for me, but my Dad has been great. He's a cancer survivor of over 20 years standing, now 81, but he's been someone I can talk to and understands. My Mum would have been brilliant too, but sadly has dementia and wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.:(

Nothing is ever as it really *should* be, eh Katie and Northerner? Glad your dad is a good 'un Northerner, but sorry about your mum. How very sad. And Katie -- I think your experience is horribly common. But that doesn't stop it being grim.

Best.

Nothing is ever as it really *should* be, eh Katie and Northerner? Glad your dad is a good 'un Northerner, but sorry about your mum. How very sad. And Katie -- I think your experience is horribly common. But that doesn't stop it being grim.

Best.

When I was in hospital and my mum stayed with me as long as possible, he said to her "where is my dinner? she is 18, she doesn't need you to be there all the time".

They are now divorced!

I was so scared in hospital and I wasn't exactly an independant 18 year old! I was too old for the child's ward and was in the emergency bit (not even a ward) where there were old people on their last legs :( (they were cool though 🙂), one night when the nurse had just tested my blood I heard them saying "aww she is so sweet" hehehe - worrying because I ws 18, felt about 10 :D I was wearing a teddybear nighty though 😎

Glad your dad there for you Northener. Sorry about your mom. I used to be a volunteer at a local dementia support office so i understand. 🙂

Glad your mom there for you Katie. Sorry your dad not so supportive. Your hospital experience must have been quite an ordeal at the time for you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back