Pump start date confirmed & questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which hour shall you take if off, Laura? :D

Seriously - I totally forget mine, and then get surprised when I don't allow for it walking through a narrow gap or doing something in the garden - when it impedes my progress or falls off my waistband !

What will you do with it in bed? Mine roams free and I have to say, they are a bit hard when you roll over on em. I have got a skin on mine - it's black and so is the skin LOL - but it's instantly warmer to the skin, wherever it lands up touching you during waking hours or the middle of the night. It didn't take me too long to get 100% used to having to find it and carry it, when I leap out of bed in the middle of the night for the bathroom. Sits nicely on my knee on the loo!

Bath time hour!! Unless security make me take it off at court so it will be a shower that night.

Bed will be either clipped to my pj's or if I'm that side out in a pump pet for when cuddles are needed but I will have to see how I sleep once I get it so as not to do damage to me or it

I am getting giddy tho for my pump

Keep us informed Laura ! 🙂🙂 Belive it you take it for granted in a couple of weeks & wonder why you didnt get one earlier. Good luck 😎

Good luck tomorrow with your pump Laura!

Keep us informed Laura ! Belive it you take it for granted in a couple of weeks & wonder why you didnt get one earlier. Good luck

Thanks Alan & hobie.

Am curious as to know which cannula ill be using but bit worried about putting one in 🙄

By lunch ill be live on it 😱😱😱

But not sure if its coincidence but I've had nearly 30u less tonight for bed & my bloods are high & I was 9.2 after tea

Crikey, I fail to see how anyone could harm a pump in bed, although of course, I have no idea what you get up to in yours! LOL

They are pretty 'thick skinned' and you really can't press any buttons unless deliberately. Stand up to escaping from trouser waistbands, swinging by the tubing and clunking against the loo pan etc, remarkably unscathed. I did nearly shut it in the motorhome door once as it fell just as I was slamming it, but managed to stop meself in time - not sure how it would have felt about that!

Good luck tomorrow!

Tropywench you made me smile about jamming it in the autohome door etc. Was working in a loft & coming out & tube got snnagged on ladders. Next thing i knew was whole cannula out pump dropped from ceiling height. Knacked me but pump fine. Have you ever tried to snap a used cannula. 😱 U cant

Good luck with your pump start Laura!

Hope all goes well, interested to know how it all goes. I'm counting down to my start on the 30th already.

Hope all goes well, interested to know how it all goes. I'm counting down to my start on the 30th already.

Not bad so far LH, I keep reaching for my insulin pens tho.
This mornings error wasn't fun while half asleep

I'm anticipating injecting being a hard habit to break to 🙂. I'm not sure the saline trial is going to help, for a week I'll need to do all the bits on the pump AND inject each time. I suspect I'm going to end up forgetting one or the other at some point.

Bad luck on the first alarm being early in morning, good to know it wakes you up though I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back