Pump doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have made the right decision for you! Pumps are great but they can be a lot of hard work, and when you change over you have to relearn everything from scratch almost. Plenty of people are happy on MDI and can control themselves well on it. Well done for making the effort to inject for everything!
(And I think we all have days when we don't want to be bothered with any of it any more, unfortunately that isn't an option :()

Well done for coming to a decision which is right for you. If you are managing good control on MDI then well done as well! I never managed this without regular and sometimes drastic hypos.

Gill - however we control our T1 (MDI or pumping) the only ones that are likely to suffer if we don't bother are not only ourselves - but also our nearest and dearest should we decide 'S*d it - I can't be arsed'. Not only do I not want to feel vile and have complications should I not bother keeping on the straight and narrow - but I also don't think I could live with having caused members of my family angst and needing to manage it for me, when I could have avoided shoving all of it onto them just cos I couldn't be arsed.

So - it's entirely in your own hands Gill - whether you live a long and happy life with your D or not - no matter how you actually treat it medically.

Just make sure you stick to your New November Resolution though - we're all watching you! LOL

Hi Gill,

Its not really about the convenience of not injecting anymore that encourage people to go on the pump, its more about how it delivers the insulin....

Everyone would benefit from the pump, but not everyone needs it or is ready to go on to one....

all clinics are different too..........my clinic wouldn't approve a patient who hadn't been already dose adjusting/basal testing for a good while with no success......

So if you get the opportunity to go again, you should, at least just to get a feel for what they might be like and what they want form you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back