Problems with Trurapi insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no real change to my sugar levels, if anything my control has improved. I just can’t believe how different I feel now. I was really scared.
I am glad you are feeling better now. Sounds like it may be best to stick with the tried and tested insulins thst you know work with your body chemistry

There was no real change to my sugar levels, if anything my control has improved. I just can’t believe how different I feel now. I was really scared.
Hi @JonHutch75, sorry to hear of your experience I too got a letter from NHS Cornwall informing me of the switch from NR to Trurapi but they were quite open about the cost implications/factor behind the switch. However after a few months on Trurapi my BG has constantly been higher than normal, I'm struggling to get under a double figure reading with almost every test/scan. I've had to adjust my insulin>carb & correction ratios so many times and was just wondering if anyone else in the wider community has experienced the same?

Is requesting a switch back to Novorapid even viable?

Welcome @MJDonoghue 🙂 You’re entitled to be on the insulins that suit you. If Trurapi isn’t working for you, request to be changed back to Novorapid. I know no-one on Trurapi. Makes you think that there’s a reason for that…

Is requesting a switch back to Novorapid even viable?

Very much so!

The reduced cost of the insulin only ‘works’ if it has the same or better health outcomes than the other version. If your glucose levels, mental health, or quality of life are adversely affected by the switch, the health-economic costs of those factors far far outweigh any modest difference in insulin cost.

Sounds like you have data that you can go back to your Dr with to show that Trurapi doesn’t suit you well, that the doses don’t work consistently or reliably, and after having tried it for several months you have been unable to make it work for you.

. I really need to know what was in it that was causing this. I lived for over two months on the edge and wish to pinpoint the cause. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am not sure whether this is relevant, but where we have side effects from any medication we should report it through the yellow card system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back