Problems Freestyle libre2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be really interested to know if you get an actual reader or an A5X mobile phone to use as a reader. If you get a reader and you don't want it, I would be very happy to give it a good home. Not interested in an A5X phone though.
Hi Barbara. I have just recieved the parcel and it is the Libre2 reader. If I can get my GP or hospital to prescribe the Dexcom1, I'll let you know and I'm happy to send you this reader.

Hi All,
Just spent 30 mins on the phone to Abbot customer care, explained about the app slowing down and then the app would not activate a new sensor and how I had wasted 3 sensors etc, well the up shot is a reader and 3 sensors will be in the post tonight. Result.
If you are having the same problem as me phone Abbot they are well aware of the problem and were more than happy to send out a reader.
Jonathan

Hi Barbara. I have just recieved the parcel and it is the Libre2 reader. If I can get my GP or hospital to prescribe the Dexcom1, I'll let you know and I'm happy to send you this reader.
Really interesting to hear you got the "real deal" rather than an A5X. I would urge you to try it because personally I think for the minor inconvenience of carrying a small extra bit of kit, the readers are way more reliable and easy to use and you might find it a significant improvement once you get used to it. That said, if you really are not confident of the Libre system working for you anymore, and I know that quite a few people have problems with it, I really hope you are able to get the Dex One prescribed without too much aggravation..... which again sadly some people are experiencing at the moment. I think the complication with the Dexcom system and the NHS prescribing of it may be the need for a transmitter plus of course the usual red tape of something new.

I feel a bit like I backed you into a corner with my comment but if you genuinely get to the stage that the reader is gathering dust and taking up space, I would very happily accept your kind offer and of course cover the cost of postage for it.

Hello @CoventryTrev and @rebrascora,
Really interesting to hear you got the "real deal" rather than an A5X. I would urge you to try it because personally I think for the minor inconvenience of carrying a small extra bit of kit, the readers are way more reliable and easy to use and you might find it a significant improvement once you get used to it.
I agree with @rebrascora that having a reader as my primary device, for alerts (alarms in Abbott speak) and hasty flash scans is a minor inconvenience for the reliability of getting a sense of where my BG is 'in an instant'. This is particularly noticeable these last few days since the update to LibreLink on my android Samsung A5 has brought about repeated scan failures and delays, before getting a reading. That said, @CoventryTrev, if you can get your LibreLink tied to an extra app such as Diabox or any other 3rd party app to convert Flash or intermittent scan (is) into real time (rt) and thus genuine CGM - go for it! The poor reliability and wide differential between interstitial and actual BG for me with Libre 2 is STILL way more satisfactory than no form of CGM and often the 3rd party apps allow you to periodically calibrate Libre to Actual; not perfect calibration but helps.
That said, if you really are not confident of the Libre system working for you anymore, and I know that quite a few people have problems with it, I really hope you are able to get the Dex One prescribed without too much aggravation..... which again sadly some people are experiencing at the moment. I think the complication with the Dexcom system and the NHS prescribing of it may be the need for a transmitter plus of course the usual red tape of something new.
So, I'm still wading in treacle with my request for implementation of my Endo's recommendation of Dexcom One (NB: because Dexcom is relatively new to the NHS and thus this forum, it is helpful to write its name in full and correctly to narrow the searches needed to find relevant threads on this forum).

I've had 2 prompt responses from the PALs associated with my geographic Integrated Care Board (ICB) each advising me that Dexcom One is currently not supported by the BOB ICB and they are not obliged to implement the latest NICE Guidelines in NG17. Despite asking for an indicative time frame when this might be considered, that was ignored, simply saying that until the ICB had considered the full implications there would be no implementation.

It is, of course, thoroughly unsatisfactory and unhelpful. But at least I know it isn't happening this week! I intend to start a separate post on this forum later today explaining where I have got to with my dialogue about Dexcom One implementation and my way forward. PALs seem to be content to relay the official reason why not - and I hope to nudge them into remembering they were originally put in place to assist patients in getting solutions, rather than just quoting the party line.

I completely understand @CoventryTrev your impatience and loss of confidence in Abbott and Libre 2. But I do think you should at least try to work with your new Reader for the time being, because I don't think you will see Dexcom One from the NHS in the near future and Libre 2 is simply better than nothing. The harsh reality is that the NHS restructuring and consequent formation of 42 ICBs in England, replacing hundreds of CCGs, leaves all of us in England with fledgling systems, sheltering under the (lame) excuse that they are new and dealing with things as best they can; Medicine Resource Teams who might provide the actual medicines on behalf of the ICBs might have their highly paid Lead Pharmacist - but are impotent (and opaque - try finding out who or what your geographic Medicine Resource Team is, how many people and what their formal remit is ....).

Been having a problem over last week with sensor. When I scan it was taking ages to register. It kept saying as well cannot scan. Rang consumer line in week and they said there was a problem with app. Would be sorted soon. Today had to change sensor and doesnt register at all. Have rung again and they took me through a sequence to delete cache on phone still hasnt worked. Back to finger pricking at moment. Wonder if I sshould delete app and reinstall. They are sending me a reader. Any ideas?
Had same problems as soon as the App updated.
Contacted Freestyle and after a couple of conversations they agreed there is a problem with the App.
Have now received replacement sensors and a reader.
So it's there problem not your phone's.

I have given up with the Libre2 and Abbott.
I spoke to my diabetes team at the hospital today and within an hour I was given the Dexcom1 and will be setting it up tonight after work.
Abbott have been too slow to release an update to fix the issues and I'm questioning how much testing they do with an update before releasing it to the public. I work with databases and apps everyday and I'm surprised they haven't moved the app back to the previous version.

Considering they are no longer supplying the libre 2 reader which I have always used, the problems with the ap updates aren't very reassuring.

I was given a trial of the Dexcom 1 but...sod’s law...my phone isn’t compatible with the app!
I hope you like it @CoventryTrev. Let us know how you get on. I'm hoping to make the switch too at some point - for me, low alarms mean one less layer of anxiety to my diabetes.

I have given up with the Libre2 and Abbott.
I spoke to my diabetes team at the hospital today and within an hour I was given the Dexcom1 and will be setting it up tonight after work.
Abbott have been too slow to release an update to fix the issues and I'm questioning how much testing they do with an update before releasing it to the public. I work with databases and apps everyday and I'm surprised they haven't moved the app back to the previous version.
Do you know the name of your (new) Integrated Care Board (ICB) or the former CCG that your GP surgery used to come under? If not what Hosoital does your Consultant come under, please? I would like to challenge my ICB with the evidence that an ICB just a little further North than them can prescribe Dexcom One - so why can't mine? Nothing to lose right now! Dexcom One sits in the medical catalogue - just needs authorising.

Don't know if libre update is automatic or manual but my phone app is still working fine, have Samsung phone never use reader accept for occasional bg test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back