Problems Freestyle libre2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnS

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Been having a problem over last week with sensor. When I scan it was taking ages to register. It kept saying as well cannot scan. Rang consumer line in week and they said there was a problem with app. Would be sorted soon. Today had to change sensor and doesnt register at all. Have rung again and they took me through a sequence to delete cache on phone still hasnt worked. Back to finger pricking at moment. Wonder if I sshould delete app and reinstall. They are sending me a reader. Any ideas?

Been having a problem over last week with sensor. When I scan it was taking ages to register. It kept saying as well cannot scan. Rang consumer line in week and they said there was a problem with app. Would be sorted soon. Today had to change sensor and doesnt register at all. Have rung again and they took me through a sequence to delete cache on phone still hasnt worked. Back to finger pricking at moment. Wonder if I sshould delete app and reinstall. They are sending me a reader. Any ideas?
The same thing happened to me, have deleted the app, reinstalled the app a few times, nothing, I have even tried installing the app on a new phone still no joy. So it's back to finger pricking for now.

Can't help, I'm afraid. But I'm interested to know if you actually receive a reader or some equivalent such as a basic phone with no SIM. Grateful if you clarify this once you get your new reader.

Can't help, I'm afraid. But I'm interested to know if you actually receive a reader or some equivalent such as a basic phone with no SIM. Grateful if you clarify this once you get your new reader.

Hi,
When I started back in January I self funded for 2 months just using the app, in April the NHS took over the funding, at the time readers were not available so I carried on using the app, in fact have never been offered a reader, so to cut a long story short, the phone I started with I broke (samsung a10) got a new phone 3 weeks ago ( samsung 13) using the app the phone worked great for a week then the app started slowing down, the sensor then finished its 14 days, tried to start a new sensor, no joy tried another sensor, nothing, took new phone back and told them it's not reading, got another new phone still no joy, so two new phones 3 sensors later and saw finger tips I am no further forward. Complaing again to freestyle on Monday.
J

Hi,
When I started back in January I self funded for 2 months just using the app, in April the NHS took over the funding, at the time readers were not available so I carried on using the app, in fact have never been offered a reader, so to cut a long story short, the phone I started with I broke (samsung a10) got a new phone 3 weeks ago ( samsung 13) using the app the phone worked great for a week then the app started slowing down, the sensor then finished its 14 days, tried to start a new sensor, no joy tried another sensor, nothing, took new phone back and told them it's not reading, got another new phone still no joy, so two new phones 3 sensors later and saw finger tips I am no further forward. Complaing again to freestyle on Monday.
J
Thanks, this continues the hearsay that there are or are not readers or alternatives. I was picking up on the last line of @AnnS post (#3)
They are sending me a reader
and to find out what they do send.

I'm still trying to get the Dexcom One, so Libre readers are of interest to me rather than important at this time.

Hi,
Who did you contact to get a handset reader NHS or Abbot, I was told no readers available until 2023.
Thanks
J

This was a good while ago, long before the reader shortages.

I had been a long-term L1 user, and when switching to L2 I was offered a reader, which I accepted.

When was that though Mike? .... or are you just getting special customer service as befits your status 😉 ??

Haha! I wouldn’t have thought so, though it probably didn’t hurt that I was on their radar from various things!

And yes it was years ago, when readers were pretty readily available.

I wonder if it's a problem with the app on certain phone configurations?

I have been having a problem with a permanent notification on that I can't close that says "tap to open app", after the last update. I have had to disable notifications for the app in order to stop it, but obviously it means the alarms no longer work. I had a look on the Google Play store review page and it does seem like a few people are having issues with the app since the latest update. Some people saying it takes a long time to display the results after scanning, some saying it won't display at all.

Definitely seems like an app issue to me. Report it to Abbott to make them aware and hopefully they'll fix it quickly.

For the record, my app is scanning perfectly fine, but having to disable app notifications is far from ideal. I run the app on a Galaxy S21 Ultra with Android 12.

Edit: Sorry, I can see you already reported it to Abbott. My bad!

I'm loosing my patients with Abbott. Second time in two weeks I have rang them due to alarms not always going off when they meant to. Saturday morning I'm out shopping and had a nasty hypo and no alarm warning me.
Rang Abbott today and they are still blaming the app update but can't give a date for when it will be fixed. They are sending a replacement sensor and a reader but I don't want to carry a reader everywhere I go, thats the whole idea of a phone app.
I'm seriously thinking of moving to Dexcom 1. Yes, they could release an update full of bugs but the way Abbott have dealt with this is poor.

The reader is no bigger than alot of glucose meters, and also takes Freestyle Optium Srtips.

I have no special privilege/role and was sent a L2 reader when they came out.
I appreciate that when Libre 2 first came out people got them no problem, but recently (probably the last 6 months ish) they seem to have been more difficult to get from Abbott and I am not sure they are continuing to manufacture them, hence my comment to Mike asking if he had got it recently?

I'm loosing my patients with Abbott. Second time in two weeks I have rang them due to alarms not always going off when they meant to. Saturday morning I'm out shopping and had a nasty hypo and no alarm warning me.
Rang Abbott today and they are still blaming the app update but can't give a date for when it will be fixed. They are sending a replacement sensor and a reader but I don't want to carry a reader everywhere I go, thats the whole idea of a phone app.
I'm seriously thinking of moving to Dexcom 1. Yes, they could release an update full of bugs but the way Abbott have dealt with this is poor.
Would be really interested to know if you get an actual reader or an A5X mobile phone to use as a reader. If you get a reader and you don't want it, I would be very happy to give it a good home. Not interested in an A5X phone though.

I have been having a problem with a permanent notification on that I can't close that says "tap to open app", after the last update.
Snap! I can’t get the useful alarms LOL but I do get this message and a persistent <beep beep beep> until I open the app. I changed the notification to a whistling sound cos I was sick of the bloomin beeping. 😱 At least the whistle makes me laugh. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back