Prescriptions times..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My repeats usually take three days at the quickest. Your pharmacy has to fax the rerquest to your doctor, who then has to fire up his computer, find a pen, have a cup pf tea, pick his nose, print off the form, and sign it...and not lose it before sending it back to the receptionist (sorry, doctors signing prescriptions is an occupational hazard for me...appologies for sarcasm, i'm sure any doctors reading this are speedy and correct when they wrote their prescriptions...). Who then has to send it back to your pharmacy, without losing it.
of course then it gets turned around in the advertised 20 minutes not problem (sarcastic tone). My first ever repeat got lost between the pharmacy and the surgery

My repeats usually take three days at the quickest. Your pharmacy has to fax the rerquest to your doctor, who then has to fire up his computer, find a pen, have a cup pf tea, pick his nose, print off the form, and sign it...and not lose it before sending it back to the receptionist (sorry, doctors signing prescriptions is an occupational hazard for me...appologies for sarcasm, i'm sure any doctors reading this are speedy and correct when they wrote their prescriptions...). Who then has to send it back to your pharmacy, without losing it.
of course then it gets turned around in the advertised 20 minutes not problem (sarcastic tone). My first ever repeat got lost between the pharmacy and the surgery

Love it....sounds like you live where i do 😉😛 I thought it was the pharmacist at the surgery and not the Dr's who complete the repeat prescriptions though? I did have an argument with mine who appear to choose what i can have and when...I think i will quit though whilst i am ahead 🙄

Bernie xx

I requested a repeat on Friday last week, and picked it up at 4pm this afternoon (after the daily delivery comes in to the pharmacy). They actually had everything!

They did, however, give me completely the wrong prescription formula for my little boy, they tried to give me one for kids allergic to cows milk, rather than one for premature babies. Good job I checked while we were still in the shop...

Also, my old pharmacy I was gutted to move away from when we moved, the pharmacist there was fab and always ordered my stuff in a prescription ahead, so it was always waiting for me - she also used to let me have stuff ahead of times if I was running short, just handed it over and put in the repeat request on the back of it. Perhaps I'm lucky that my GP surgery never quibbles over what I request! :D:D:D

I requested a repeat on Friday last week, and picked it up at 4pm this afternoon (after the daily delivery comes in to the pharmacy). They actually had everything!

They did, however, give me completely the wrong prescription formula for my little boy, they tried to give me one for kids allergic to cows milk, rather than one for premature babies. Good job I checked while we were still in the shop...

Also, my old pharmacy I was gutted to move away from when we moved, the pharmacist there was fab and always ordered my stuff in a prescription ahead, so it was always waiting for me - she also used to let me have stuff ahead of times if I was running short, just handed it over and put in the repeat request on the back of it. Perhaps I'm lucky that my GP surgery never quibbles over what I request! :D:D:D

The surgery and pharmacy that I was with when I was diagnosed were like that. scripts took about 24 hours but if I was short the pharmacy would give me what I needed and sort it out with the doc's himself. Loved it there 🙂

Now I have to go to my GP, (I can't phone them anymore) put my request in a red box, wait 2 days and prey they get it right, go to the chemists and prey they had what i need. Baring in mind that the GP only opens Mon - Fri 8-6 which is when I'm at work 15 miles away...

Fortunately, ASDA opened a chemist close to where I live so now I can phone them and they do all the running around. Only thing is it takes about 4 days. Still, it's easier than the alternative.

Normally take prescription in and wait 5-10 mins for it to be dispensed, most often they have everything in stock unless I am ordering a new insulin pen which they normally get in the following day. I can't see how it would take 4 days to dispense a prescription:confused: Toby.

Toby,

The 4 days is down to the chemist ordering and collecting the script on my behalf. It makes life less stressful as so far, they haven't got it wrong.

I can email my scrip to the surgery but the list is so long I can't be bothered! 🙄 So I put in my repeat slip in the box at the surgery and if I can get it there before 10am I can usually collect it after three days.:D

I email the surgery (I have a draft email at the ready and I just delete what I don't need at that particular time) and they will send the prescription straight to the pharmacy, where I can pick it up 2 days later. So far (3 1/2 years) I only had a few minor hiccups.🙂

Toby,

The 4 days is down to the chemist ordering and collecting the script on my behalf. It makes life less stressful as so far, they haven't got it wrong.

It would appear you have mistaken my reply to be in response to your post, far from it I was replying to the OP having to wait until Friday for metformin. Toby.

I think my lot say 48hrs, but I would give it longer to be sure there's a chance that they have it all!

We also have the online form filling to the surgery that then gets sent to the chemists, well good, I guess it saves a lot of foot traffic in the surgery so saves a lot of bother!

I actually need some stuff pretty quick so I'd better get online!

Cheers

Rossi

Thanks ever so much to everyone for taking the time to reply, i actually am picking my script up tomorrow now grr.

It would appear you have mistaken my reply to be in response to your post, far from it I was replying to the OP having to wait until Friday for metformin. Toby.

Fair comment, no harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back