Prescriptions times..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went into my pharmacy today to put a repeat in for my metformin and she said ok see you Friday afternoon seemed a long time to me , good job i have some left 😱.
I was just wondering how long everyone else has to wait for there scripts to be sorted???

Thanks

With no bank holidays or the like its pretty quick, next day actually..........my surgery lets you email what you need and my chosen pharmacy can be called to pick it up...............:D

With no bank holidays or the like its pretty quick, next day actually..........my surgery lets you email what you need and my chosen pharmacy can be called to pick it up...............:D

wow email your surgery? i get just about get through to book an appt at mine lol

Seems a long time. My pharmacy usually has most things there and then and the Byetta comes the next day.

its another story if I actually need the real service they provide, the waiting times are ridiculous, and although I dont use the nurses there, they have no clue about diabetes and cant answer any simple questions I have regarding blood pressure or the clinic they provide (so as to recieve more regular HbA1c)...........swings in roundabouts I suppose.........

Im ranting on about my surgery and not the pharmacy, but who cares..........

I put a script request into docs on Monday and can collect it after 2pm on Wednesday. As for getting the actual stuff, that can vary. I generally use the same pharmacy and they try to keep all my stuff in stock for me but if they have to order it in, it's usually after 12 the next day - but not always!!

usually two working days from the day you put scrip in. I'm the same As flutterby in Monday collect after 2 PM on Wednesday.

I do the request online and can usually pick up the stuff from the chemist after 2 days eg request first thing Monday, pick up Wed pm. I always phone the chemist to make sure they have it - this reminds them to make it up so when i go in its waiting for me! Docs say give it 3 days but 2 has so far been enough.

48 hours from dropping the repeat request in (though it's often done in 24 or less if I'm passing the surgery).

Pharmacies tend to have most of the script most of the time. If not I can usually collect the leftovers the following day.

Seems im just unlucky then hopefully its a 1 off

Mine has a website which I log into and tick off what I need and then in about two days the script is ready then I take it too the pharmacy often I it is done the same day IE come back in 15 min to 30 min if the stuff is in. Boots the pharmacy want me to order the stuff through them a week in advance but with things like needles that means I need to have at least 28 left and I'm not good at house keeping so would be no good at that.

Marc

I take mine down to the docs, and then wait 48 hours and take it to the pharmacy. Most of the doctors in my area have a 48 hour turn round for prescriptions.

I can email my repeat request which is really useful, and then 2 days later pick it up from my GP. Then if I drop it in to Sainsburys pharmacy then I can get the stuff the next day, it's unusual that they have everything in and I don't expect them to.

Our Drs say allow 48 hours - though I guess that if a pharmacy was dropping the script off they would go at a set time and if they have already gone today they won't put it in the GPs till tomorrow - meaning that another 2 days would take me to Friday - maybe you have something like that.

My surgery allows you to order repeats on line - you can also book appointments up to a week in advance. They do hold a certain amount of appointments back for emergencies. They use the EMIS system

never right and too long to wait

our gp and pharmacy need to talk to each other. 6months on from dxd and still every prescription is wrong, stuff for meters we don't even have, the wrong sized stuff and so on. it always take longer tha it should and then is never right.

3 working days for me, and then they often don't have all my stuff ...

So this 48 hour thing a few of you mention is that rulesd they have to abide by meaning my pharmacy is breaking them?

From what I've read here Boots in my area seem to do a pretty good job. I order from my repeat online at my doctors surgery, then pick up the items from Boots in 48 hours, Boots go to the surgery every day at about 3.30pm and pick up prescriptions.

I went into my pharmacy today to put a repeat in for my metformin and she said ok see you Friday afternoon seemed a long time to me , good job i have some left 😱.
I was just wondering how long everyone else has to wait for there scripts to be sorted???

Thanks

Hey Steffie...no its not just you. I stock up every so often and do a bulk request lol and I request it from the surgery who send the request to the pharmacy. By the time i collect it (as I have to leave it at least 2 working days - don't ask me why) but anyway...i can often go to collect it to be told they are short of something at the chemist and have to go back at a later date. I have had to wait few days (due to deliveries of items) to go and collect the item which develops into several days/weeks owing to work etc etc.

I must admit this can get on my nerves as they should have the necessary items i request. One item in particular (still haven't received after 2 weeks) is my glycogen injection (which the T1 girl behind the counter said to me "I have never needed one of those"!!! ).

Bernie xx

oh god don't get me started, i nearly had an argument with the lady cause they had mucked my prescription up and i had like no needles left.
they are usually quite quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back