Post number 10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This is my 10,000th post to the forum! I joined the day after the official forum launch, on November 15th 2008, at 13:07. Since that time I've seen the forum grow from a handful of posts (57!) and a surprisingly similar number of members (56! Each a 'newbie' writing a 'hello' post, plus Admin's 'welcome' post, I'm guessing 🙂) to almost 150,000 posts and over 2,600 members.

I became Admin when Kati/Admin had to reduce her time on the forum as the date of her son's birth drew ever closer (he'll be 1 year old in just a few days!). It's been a terrific experience for me, meeting (sometimes literally!) hundreds of new people, all with a different story to tell, but each person sharing a common experience - diabetes. Some people stayed for a while, then went quiet, some are still here and posting regularly. Each post adds to our body of knowledge of how we feel, how we cope, what our successes and frustrations are. We have also had some tremendous fun at times, as we thumb our nose at diabetes and refuse to let it get us down. Sometimes, it does of course, and then we see terrific empathy and support for those needing a shoulder to cry on, or a listening ear.

I hope that the forum keeps on growing, and people keep posting to help keep the forum vibrant and current, helping all those newly diagnosed and surprising those 'old timers' diagnosed decades ago, with information they never knew they never knew! :D

Thanks to everyone. 🙂

keep on your good job as Admin northerner well done!!!!

keep up the great work northener 🙂 you and alot of others on here have been a great help to me since i joined back in march. 🙂 xxx

Alan, thanks for all your hard work on the forum, it is a fantastic place and I would be lost now without it.

wahoooo northe thank you for all your hard work keeping us in order and sane x
Eyecrazy.gif

I for one really appreciate all your efforts at making this place what it is. Congratulations!

I feel all emotional, Northerner! Congratulations and well done.

This is indeed a special place, due in no small part to you. Sniff!

xxoo

Well done Alan. Great work. Shame about your taste in music but I guess you make for it with your poetry 😉

Well done Northerner/Alan - but come on, 10,000 posts!!!!!

Mind you, it is lovely the way you write on every newbie's first thread. I have joined some forums, said hello and never got a reply from anyone!

well done Alan for holding it all together and well done all for all the Info and experience passed to the newly diagnosed.

So happy for us all 🙂

I have been here since nov 2008 and this site has helped me so much.

I did go quite for a little, but now im back and never going away beacuse i love it and all you people who make it what it is.

Thanks 🙂🙂🙂

xxx

WOW! Well done, and I really appreciate all your comments. Especially love your poems. :D

Excellent stuff, and long may it continue! I have found this to be a tremenous information resource, and a very supportive community since joining.

R

Well done Alan, keep up the good work!🙂

Thanks for keeping an eye on things.

Thats a lovely message, I think i joined the day after you and have enjoyed watching the forum grow like you. Heres to the next 10,000

Who is this old fool ? (only joking Alan)
Where would we be without him ? (and each other).
Hugs all round. 😱

A big thank you from me as well, I think this forum is fantastic :D :D

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo northey rocks my socks 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back