Positive thoughts please guys! (DiDkA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just incase anyone missed it in the 'letter to richard lane' thread...

hi everyone,

i handed the letter (and testimonies) to Richard last night, and explained to him the basics of the campaign. the first thing he said was 'brilliant - we need more things like this happening. we need to hear from diabetics what they want from us[DUK]'. he seemed very surprised to see the letter was addressed to him personally! he said he would read it on his train home. he asked how he could contact the campaign so i pointed out the email add on the letter. he says he will be in touch!

obv i have no idea how quickly he will be in touch, but it's worth remembering he is a very busy guy and it may take some time.

(also, he is an amazing guy. go and read up about him. he took off his shirt to show me his pump and transmitter/sensor! i told him how i've been told i'm not eligible for a pump as my hba1c is too good. he asked me what it is (7.4), when i told him he said 'well that's not great, is it?' and then gave me his business card and told me to call him to talk about my hunt for a pump. he said that he obv couldn't influence anyone to get me one but he would try to help me out if he could. he gave a really interesting speech and has definitely earned my respect).

basically, he is an awesome guy to be a president of a charity like DUK. i know everyone has their own personal feelings on DUK, but after hearing him speak i am all for raising more money and being more proactive for them. did you know they paid for his islet cell transplants? he had to have 3, and they were all paid for by DUK.

Brilliant shiv - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back