Porridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my Hb1ac levels have come down drastically and my weight has dropped nearly 30kg’s in 10 months. A combo of everything I’ve been doing most likely and porridge is a part of it for me.
Good that your overall strategy has been successful.
When people test their blood glucose before and 2 hours after meals porridge is one of the foods which for some people would increase their blood glucose far more than is acceptable as they are looking for no more than a 2-3mmol/l increase or no more than 8.5mmol/l and for some people it would push their level up into double figures.

Good that your overall strategy has been successful.
When people test their blood glucose before and 2 hours after meals porridge is one of the foods which for some people would increase their blood glucose far more than is acceptable as they are looking for no more than a 2-3mmol/l increase or no more than 8.5mmol/l and for some people it would push their level up into double figures.
Well it works for me and I’m doing pretty well with it. All metrics indicate that I’m better with my current diet and exercise regime.

I must be weird.... I test before and after porridge and consistently get a DROP of 1 or 2.

(I use 30g Ready Brek with semi skimmed milk and a sprinkle of sweetener)

I've tried large oats, oat fibre with milk, with water or half and half but my BG always ends up in double figures

Porridge used to send me into double figures, so quite some time back I switched to muesli and greek-style yoghurt. Because it’s not heated, I can eat that more slowly on those mornings when my waking blood sugar is elevated.

I make my own muesli (2 cups oats, 1 cup chopped mixed nuts, mixture of honey and olive oil and bake at 150C for 25mins), as the bought stuff is too sweet for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back