Pill quantity of prescriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 112 Metformin tablets per prescription which covers 28 days.
My Metformin prescription is for 2 months worth and I get a repeat prescription authorised in 1/2 days via the NHS app. I then just pick up at my nominated pharmacy.

Afternoon! Just an idle curiosity on a Sunday afternoon.

I get 112 Metformin tablets per prescription which covers 28 days.

My GP / pharmacy combo is running so slow I'm putting prescriptions requests in every 2 weeks just to make sure I have sufficient for day to day and travel.

I'm curious to know how many tablets / days worth of Metformin you all get at once.

I get 3 months worth of my Thyroid medication at once so I'm just wondering if I can just ask for a bigger prescription or if there's a reason I'm seemingly wasting so much of their time and my own.

(I'm waiting almost 2 weeks for a prescription for new lancets and a sharp bin for my glucose monitor so I bought my own on Amazon)
I used to get Metformin for two months. As work at uni increased and it was more difficult to pick up meds I asked if I could possibly have three months worth and the lovely nurse agreed. Problem solved. Hooray

So this is interesting as my GP advised that I halve my Metformin dose in Feb following my meds review. So I did and gained 8lbs in a month even on my restricted low carb diet and regular gym. So I asked for advice and another meds review - silence. I understand the Prescribing budget in most ICB areas (NHS local system decision makers) is under immense pressure and all attempts are being made to cut down prescribing costs. Would explain why they have declined my request for Ozempic twice also. Frustrating when it’s so hard to control diabetes anyway and I haven’t eaten bread, rice or pasta in 3 years either!! Interested to know others experience of this

Would explain why they have declined my request for Ozempic twice also.
New patients can’t be started on ozempic because of the shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back