Peripheral Neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceFace

Forum Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have recently started to get pins & needles in my fingers and toes which is really an issue at night, does anyone get this? Is there anyway of relieving it? I also get bad tinnitus when I'm coming down or going up on a spike, anyone can give advice on this?

I have recently started to get pins & needles in my fingers and toes which is really an issue at night, does anyone get this? Is there anyway of relieving it? I also get bad tinnitus when I'm coming down or going up on a spike, anyone can give advice on this?
Just saw an item on the news which mentioned the symptoms ou describe and it suggested Vitamin B12 deficiency could be the issue.
Have you had our checked recently.

That's interesting I have not had it checked but will now, thanks

Just been diagnosed with pn, it’s horrible and makes it hard to feel wounds and cuts. Definitely see your Gp or nurse.

Thanks Sara, I will see the nurse it's mainly at night I feel it, I have found a temporary cure copious amounts of beer loll

Thanks Sara, I will see the nurse it's mainly at night I feel it, I have found a temporary cure copious amounts of beer loll
Yes. Night is worse especially if I get warm under bedding, horrific pain.
Can see why you choose beer but long term that is going to make worse, the earlier one is caught then can be halted , what I have read so far seems it can’t be cured but can be halted somewhat with good control.

That's interesting I have not had it checked but will now, thanks

Do you take Metformin? Metformin can deplete vitamin B12 in some folks.

Just been diagnosed with pn, it’s horrible and makes it hard to feel wounds and cuts. Definitely see your Gp or nurse.
I've had it for a while now and over 9 months from diagnosis I am finally getting some help with walking and mobility from the physios. Take good care of your feet - use a mirror to check underneath and no walking barefoot

I've had it for a while now and over 9 months from diagnosis I am finally getting some help with walking and mobility from the physios. Take good care of your feet - use a mirror to check underneath and no walking barefoot
Glad your getting some help, I saw physiotherapists before my diagnosis and they are amazing, on waiting list to see podiatrist and having scans next week in case the issues picked up by neurologist in my legs need vascular input as a Doppler test showed some issues. Hope things stabilise for you soon!

Thanks Sara I read they put you on Amitriptyline a small dose of anti depressant, which I am not keen on I need a clear mind, I collect Lambrettas and Vespas and ride them

My experience of Amitriptyline (for sciatica) was not good. I was tired and foggy so stopped taking it. I have heard from others though that longer term those effects wear off and it can be tolerated

The s
Thanks Sara I read they put you on Amitriptyline a small dose of anti depressant, which I am not keen on I need a clear mind, I collect Lambrettas and Vespas and ride them
ide affects settle, I am lost without mine, in so much pain.

My experience of Amitriptyline (for sciatica) was not good. I was tired and foggy so stopped taking it. I have heard from others though that longer term those effects wear off and it can be tolerated

They do wear off yes.

Amitryptaline has had no effect on my mind. I didn’t need the anti depressant effect as I take for ME/CFS and had just meant I sleep better.

Amitryptaline has had no effect on my mind. I didn’t need the anti depressant effect as I take for ME/CFS and had just meant I sleep better.
Maybe I will look into it, says you have to come off the drug slowly that doesn't sound good

Maybe I will look into it, says you have to come off the drug slowly that doesn't sound good
It's common to have to slowly reduce with drugs that affect the Central Nervous System, the information page on the NHS website says that it's because you can get more side effects if you stop suddenly.

You also usually take a lower dose if taken for pain than for depression, if that makes a difference to your thinking about taking a medication that is also used as an antidepressant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back