peaks after eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-bolusing does seem to work for alot of people, I used it on holiday injected in the room before we went down tot he resaurant, developed some complex about injecting in public whilst on holiday, but it worked quite nicely for me. haven't managed to keep it up since I've been back, have been trying to bolus just as I start to eat, but sometimes inject afterwards like I always used to.

You do need to be aware that there is a slight risk involved with injecting before eating, if you get distracted, or something happens. Like maybe you are at work about to go for lunch so pre-bolus and then something happens and you can't get out to lunch and eat, you are going to hypo. As you say Rossi sometimes we don't know how much we are going to eat, or might not like what we planned to eat. In 'Using Insulin' I remember John Walsh wrote about eating otu in restaurants and recommending injecting some of what you think you will need before and then the rest when you actually eat the meal. this would involve 2 injections though which might not be acceptable to some people, I'm not keen myself.

Pre-bolusing does seem to work for alot of people, I used it on holiday injected in the room before we went down tot he resaurant, developed some complex about injecting in public whilst on holiday, but it worked quite nicely for me. haven't managed to keep it up since I've been back, have been trying to bolus just as I start to eat, but sometimes inject afterwards like I always used to.

You do need to be aware that there is a slight risk involved with injecting before eating, if you get distracted, or something happens. Like maybe you are at work about to go for lunch so pre-bolus and then something happens and you can't get out to lunch and eat, you are going to hypo. As you say Rossi sometimes we don't know how much we are going to eat, or might not like what we planned to eat. In 'Using Insulin' I remember John Walsh wrote about eating otu in restaurants and recommending injecting some of what you think you will need before and then the rest when you actually eat the meal. this would involve 2 injections though which might not be acceptable to some people, I'm not keen myself.

Cheers Nikki good tips there

an amount before could be a good way to go, maybe 50% then top it up depending on what I've tucked into, no bother about the pin cushin bit here just yet!

hi all

small update - taking my insulin 10-15 mins before i eat is still working - i dont get the peaks anymore : ) so the last few days i had no highs 🙂 except yesterday when i ate a small chocolate bar and some nuts and fruit. But other than that im delighted 🙂 i seem to feel better too - no more highs then taking insulin to bring it crashing down to a low. I guess i am eating smaller amounts and more healthy and more exercise but my numbers are good 🙂 lets hope i can keep it up.

hi lo pleased tpo see things are going abit more smoothly now , keep it up x🙂🙂

hi all

small update - taking my insulin 10-15 mins before i eat is still working - i dont get the peaks anymore : ) so the last few days i had no highs 🙂 except yesterday when i ate a small chocolate bar and some nuts and fruit. But other than that im delighted 🙂 i seem to feel better too - no more highs then taking insulin to bring it crashing down to a low. I guess i am eating smaller amounts and more healthy and more exercise but my numbers are good 🙂 lets hope i can keep it up.

That's excellent news! Thanks for the update!🙂

well done - I am definitely going to try injecting 10 mins before eating when i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back