Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you find a portion size, or an alternative, that works for you @Johnnyb89

Weirdly (and I have no idea why) pasta shaped as spaghetti seems to absorb more slowly for me than pasta in shapes. Even tough it!s the same stuff!

Diabetes is full of conundrums!

Weirdly (and I have no idea why) pasta shaped as spaghetti seems to absorb more slowly for me than pasta in shapes. Even tough it!s the same stuff!

Diabetes is full of conundrums!

Diabetes is full of its proper weird, I've been having egg noodles and two hours late my bloods are 5.8 which is good,
its proper weird, I've been having egg noodles and two hours late my bloods are 5.8 which is good.

Things I mist most are a packet of crisps, or some white rice

its proper weird, I've been having egg noodles and two hours late my bloods are 5.8 which is good.

Have you tried basmati.
It's one of the better rices for slower digestion.

I saw a post recently from @NotWorriedAtAll who had a knack for making crisps out of celeriac which looked amazing - like full-on kettle chip fancy ones.

Yes, Basmati is OK for me rice-wise, though I have the benefit of rapid-acting insulin, which is cheating really.

I saw a recipe for parmesan "crisps" today - I think the ingredients were parmesan, cheddar and ground almonds.

Many crisps in small multipacks are 10g -15g carbs a packet so I think you could try the odd pack and see. Cheetos are only about 6g carb a packet, skips and Pom bear 8g a pack, slightly more for standard crisps, eg walkers or tescos own 13g a pack, but that’s still not huge amount of carbs at once. Those are all the multipack versions, non multipacks are bigger packet size so higher carbs.

there is a guy in tik tok that test foods on his CGM. Using rice that had been previously cooked then reheated only had half the impact on his glucose as eating rice that had recently been prepared. Something to do with starch… I dunno. Apparently the same can be true for pasta but this guy said that did not work for him.

there is a guy in tik tok that test foods on his CGM. Using rice that had been previously cooked then reheated only had half the impact on his glucose as eating rice that had recently been prepared. Something to do with starch… I dunno. Apparently the same can be true for pasta but this guy said that did not work for him.
I shall try that that , I'm still struggling to keep my morning blood sugar levels down first thing in the morning, but I have recently changed medication

I shall try that that , I'm still struggling to keep my morning blood sugar levels down first thing in the morning, but I have recently changed medication
Yep mornings are almost always the sticking point. Are yours high on waking or shooting up as you move about ?

Yep mornings are almost always the sticking point. Are yours high on waking or shooting up as you move about ?
Two hours after meals, I'm below 7 which I believe is normal, it's always when I wake up I'm usually around 7-8, I have changed to metformin prolonged release

Two hours after meals, I'm below 7 which I believe is normal, it's always when I wake up I'm usually around 7-8, I have changed to metformin prolonged release
People can often find their morning readings can remain higher than they would like, and this is because after a period of fasting overnight the liver is helpful in releasing glucose to give you energy to start the day. It is referred to as Dawn Phenomenon or Foot on the floor syndrome.
Quite a few people on insulin have to take extra to compensate for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back