Pasta confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the idea (it's just another kind of crunchy snack) but it doesn't appeal to me. I do occasionally air fry some ravioli (or other filled pasta).

I used to leave it in my mouth until it had started to soften and then chew it.
I also tend to prefer raw vegetables to cooked ones. If I prepare a cauliflower I've usually eaten half of it by the time I've finished. The only problem is that I get an itchy mouth from it! (And certain nuts & other fruits and veg - a reaction linked to hay fever, apparently).

Mmm, I could just chew on a load of Spaghetti now!

The only problem is that I get an itchy mouth from it! (

I know what you mean. Raw cauliflower does that to me sometimes, causing an itch to the roof of my mouth, but not always. It seems to depend upon the variety I think. I guessed it was a slight allergic reaction. Odd how it only affects the roof of the mouth towards the back though.

I know what you mean. Raw cauliflower does that to me sometimes, causing an itch to the roof of my mouth, but not always. It seems to depend upon the variety I think. I guessed it was a slight allergic reaction. Odd how it only affects the roof of the mouth towards the back though.

Walnuts, raw Cauliflower, Pears, certain Apples, Hazelnuts do it to me.

My Dad used to fob me off with it as being 'pesticides'.

It's actually called 'Oral Allergy Syndrome' and is because the proteins in some of these fruits/veg are similar to those in pollens that cause hay fever.

Walnuts, raw Cauliflower, Pears, certain Apples, Hazelnuts do it to me.

My Dad used to fob me off with it as being 'pesticides'.

It's actually called 'Oral Allergy Syndrome' and is because the proteins in some of these fruits/veg are similar to those in pollens that cause hay fever.

Some cheeses do that to me, I always call it itchy mouth cheese. Tasty Lancashire is the worst but I still have it if I can find it.

I go by how my body reacts, I find better quality pastas absorb slower, especially wholemeal, bought spelt pasta recently and have to try that yet, I have a measuring gadget (serves about a tea cup cooked pasta done al dente) that I bought online that helps me stick to quantity cooked that works for me and then serve up husband as normal and he has what ever he needs, I cook 2 raw portions but only eat about half a portion once it’s cooked. Hope this ramble makes sense..

That sounds like a tasty preference! Raw veggies definitely have a unique crunch and freshness to them. It's interesting how our bodies react differently to certain foods, isn't it? Have you ever tried incorporating those raw veggies into a pasta dish? I stumbled upon this delicious recipe for Paccheri Pasta with summer vegetables on mklibrary.com that might be right up your alley! It's a great way to enjoy your veggies in a different way while still savoring their natural flavors. Check it out on mklibrary.com.

Last edited:
That sounds like a tasty preference! Raw veggies definitely have a unique crunch and freshness to them. It's interesting how our bodies react differently to certain foods, isn't it? Have you ever tried incorporating those raw veggies into a pasta dish?
I actually use edamame bean or black bean pasta as it is much lower carb than normal pasta.
I suppose adding raw veg is rather like a pasta salad which I have made in the past. Different coloured peppers, chopped raw mushrooms, olives, spring onions with a tomato dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back