Pasta Bake - insulin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth I agree with the above, I think you need to be taking all of the insulin earlier. I know that is the case with me, I have peaks a couple of hours after eating which then go back down again. My DSN has just advised me to try taking my insulin 20mins before eating. I tried it last night and it worked. I had chilli with brown rice and no spike. It is going to be a complete pain, but if it works I think it is worth it.

Ahh see now with rice we do the bolus after as rice doesn't start working very quickly for Jessica so if we do a bolus even just before she starts eating she goes hypo as the insulin starts working before the rice.

The majority of people have a pasta spike between 3 and 6 hours later.

Everyone is very different aren't they.

Ahh see now with rice we do the bolus after as rice doesn't start working very quickly for Jessica so if we do a bolus even just before she starts eating she goes hypo as the insulin starts working before the rice.

The majority of people have a pasta spike between 3 and 6 hours later.

Everyone is very different aren't they.

I wonder if the insulin starts working quicker if you are on a pump compared to on MDI?

I wonder if the insulin starts working quicker if you are on a pump compared to on MDI?

I don't think so as it happened on injections as well and we use novorapid, the same as when on injections. Others do say the same as me but I've heard others say the same as you.

I don't think so as it happened on injections as well and we use novorapid, the same as when on injections. Others do say the same as me but I've heard others say the same as you.

It would be SO much easier if we all worked the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back