Participants wanted for a short weight loss study (OxFAB20)

OxFAB

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Researchers at the University of Oxford are looking for people who are currently trying to lose weight through diet and/or exercise to take part in a study to find out more about the behaviours people use to manage their weight.

The study involves two online sessions of approximately 5 minutes each to test a questionnaire which will eventually be sent to thousands of people. You will be asked about strategies you are using to lose weight, and then will be asked to answer the same questionnaire one to two weeks later.

If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions please contact the OxFAB20 team on oxfab@phc.ox.ac.uk.

This study has been approved by @Josh DUK.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm tempted to join in, no show without Punch! :D

Josh DUK

Online Forum Manager
Staff member
Researchers at the University of Oxford are looking for people who are currently trying to lose weight through diet and/or exercise to take part in a study to find out more about the behaviours people use to manage their weight.

The study involves two online sessions of approximately 5 minutes each to test a questionnaire which will eventually be sent to thousands of people. You will be asked about strategies you are using to lose weight, and then will be asked to answer the same questionnaire one to two weeks later.

If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions please contact the OxFAB20 team on oxfab@phc.ox.ac.uk.

This study has been approved by @Josh DUK.
This has been approved. please help if you can.

TinaD

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've emailed them. Be interestng to see what slant on diet they are looking into.

Gwynn

Me too. Just emailed them it will be interesting. I will post how it goes

Gwynn

They rejected me because I have reached my goal weight already. Doh! ☹

Freddie1966

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for putting this on here I was going to reply but I’m at my goal weight

TinaD

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am still working towards my desired weight altho' in normal for height range. Anyway I was accepted and duly filled in their questionnaires. Considered it a waste of time as the questions were extremely vague and contained mixed examples which rendered the required answers doubtful - so one thought "well, I do that all the time, that sometimes and that never..." Also it did not seek to draw out why one wanted to lose weight -which could after all range between "pure vanity" and "not wanting to die soon". Clearly the reason one choses to lose weight is likely to weight the answer. Also it seems unlikely that they had taken age and/or disability into account given the exercise question - yet they do not ask whether exercise is a restricted option for the participants.