Pain and a kinky dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey hun well done on the weight loss and the pedometer what a great idea and hope that works for your elbow as well the thingy lol tut again similarities i was upped to 1000mg today, im glad you feel better hun

Saw the doctor this am:

1. I'm allowed to continue testing in the short term. I cried all over her and whinged about not feeling in control if I didn't know what was happening with my bloods.

2. She's taken me off the Gliclazide and upped the Metformin to 1500mg daily.

3. I have to keep taking the statin for now.

4. She's given me a low dose happy pill, Prozac, which I have no intention of taking. If she refers me to a shrink it will take up to a year to get an appointment, unless I want to pay for it myself.

5. I've lost a kilo and a half in just over three weeks

6. I have to go back in two weeks.

I've bought a pedometer, done 5032 steps and used up 162 kcals going from the surgery, three times round Tescos looking for stock and then home. At her recommendation, I also bought an infrared massage thimgy which feels great on my sore elbow.

I feel better today.

Hi Ally, glad you are feeling better today. Sounds like a good move that you have been taken off the gliclazide, given that you were getting hypos as low as 2.0! Hope the extra metformin doesn't upset your tummy too much. Isn't it ludicrous that you should have to wait a year for counselling? Care of our mental health should be just as important as care of our physical health - in my mind there is little separation, if I'm reasonably happy I feel reasonably healthy, but if I'm feeling down everything will suffer.

Well done on the weight loss!🙂

Hi Alison, glad to hear your doc has taken care of you, hope the change in meds does the trick for you.

xx

Likewise Alison, hope the change makes life better, and good work on shifting some weight:D

best wishes

Rossi🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back