Out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there were some studies at some point indicating that severe sudden trauma can activate type 1 to someone with the predisposition. I looked into this because when I was diagnosed it came around the same time as a PTSD diagnosis i heard that this could activate a late onset. I don’t have anything concrete to back this up. @spell that’s absolutely horrific and I’m so sorry. What a devastating thing to go through at such a vulnerable age. It must of been hell. I get you anger with life totally

The research on it may be anecdotal,but it's out there.
I don't care what anyone says, it's the reason I have type 1
I really do understand this, I’ve always said, I don’t care what anybody says, there was a time a few years back when stuff happened and I fell apart then I got poorly.

Before diagnosis I think I was ok ish.when I realised the implications of type I, is when I became full of hate.
Didn't help that brother had been murdered around the same time,I was 11 he 13 so that caused the diabetes(fact) and I was a poor, unloved council estate rat
My parents were told not to educate me as I would be dead by the age of 21. My oldest brother has been missing for the last 45 years. I have no idea whether he is alive or dead but and this is a very big but it hasn't turned me into a vindictive miserable sod bent on destroying myself and everyone around me. Oh, I was also brought up on a council estate (great places).
It doesn't matter how you developed diabetes; you have it so deal with it.
Yep, after almost 58 years of diabetes I'm sick to death of it, it isn't going to go away so I just deal with it so I can live a normal life.
Yes, I struggle big time some days due to having the added bonus of MS plus many other autoimmune conditions. Life is too short to waste my energy of waking each day full of hate and self-pity.

Hence the f***ing hate and anger which will go once revenge has been sought
Revenge is unlikely to ultimately make you feel better. Nor is the likely consequence of a long term prison stay (if I'm understanding the correct implication of revenge). Learning how to release those feelings is much healthier for you (I don't mean pretend to yourself that you don't feel them, but to learn to recognise them as if they were happening to someone else and to remind them(yourself) that they don't hurt the person/people you blame, only yourself, and switch your main focus to things that you do like/people you love)

Revenge is unlikely to ultimately make you feel better. Nor is the likely consequence of a long term prison stay (if I'm understanding the correct implication of revenge). Learning how to release those feelings is much healthier for you (I don't mean pretend to yourself that you don't feel them, but to learn to recognise them as if they were happening to someone else and to remind them(yourself) that they don't hurt the person/people you blame, only yourself, and switch your main focus to things that you do like/people you love)
Yes understand,but this dish has got very cold, prison? Worth the satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back