Out of interest?

• Thread starter Thread starter FM001
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently running at around 240g per day.

Andy

Wow Andy I bet some T2s around here would kill for that, and your HbA1c for that matter. I would!

Does your diet & exercise involve a LOT of exercise?

M

Wow. Some low amounts there. I feel like a hog ! 😱

About 200g a day give or take about 20g I would think.

45g breakfast
maybe 50-80g lunch
60-120g tea

plus milk, etc and snacks when low.

basal about 22% ish.

Rob

Not a hog at all Rob! I can only keep the carbs low because of the byetta which curbs my appetite big time and mostly has turned me right off all the naughty things. Prior to that I was a massive carb junkie. Anyway it is a bit different for us T2's who don't have insulin. If I go a bit low I have some fruit and perhaps a drink with milk in. Those are something else I'm right off - coffee etc and now have water or ginger tea.

Wow Andy I bet some T2s around here would kill for that, and your HbA1c for that matter. I would!

Does your diet & exercise involve a LOT of exercise?

M

I wouldn't say a lot. I regularly do an hours brisk walk each day. That is topped up with the odd rowing session on my machine (10km) which is working out at about once a week (I should be doing more!).

Also, whenever I travel about, it is usually by bike (I've never learned to drive).

I think what's happening is that I'm still producing a reasonable quantity of insulin naturally. I believe that my problem was probably a severe dose of insulin resistance which has since been improved by me losing weight following diagnosis (currently down to 14st 10lbs from 17st 10lbs and I had hit 18st 7lbs or more prior to diagnosis).

Andy 🙂

About 240g today, that's probably quite representative. I always have quite a big appetite, but I do a lot of exercise, so it seems to work fine for me. I'm trying to remember to take my Novorapid a bit earlier before meals to improve my BG levels.

About 240g today, that's probably quite representative. I always have quite a big appetite, but I do a lot of exercise, so it seems to work fine for me. I'm trying to remember to take my Novorapid a bit earlier before meals to improve my BG levels.

Thank goodness! I thought that it was just me 'gorging' myself!

Andy 🙂

p.s. Only 217g today though 😉

Mine varies hugely! I eat a wide variety of things (I don't tend to stick to certain things for certain meals - I'll just eat whatever I fancy). Today for example I ate in total a whopping 400g-ish. Yesterday I ate around half of that (thankyou Wetherspoons burger and pudding!)

Ive had about 100g today. Friday could be a different story though as I myself will probably be eating at wetherspoons :D (might have a few drinks too).

About 130g a day unless I'm feeling sorry for myself and have a chocolate bar or takeaway which is not a good idea with gastroparesis...........but I'm only human!

only 15 - 25g 🙂 she is only 2

Aww, that so cute......I have a 16 month onld boy, think he has more than that though........

1.5 weetabix with an 8oz full fat milk for bfast
sphagetti and sausages (tin) with grapes or strawberries for after (a dozen or so) for lunch.
Something similar for dinner.
80z full fat milk before bed....

hes not diabetic fortunately

*just seen your second post....thats more like it*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back