Out of interest?

• Thread starter Thread starter FM001
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FM001

Just wondering what the average carbohydrate intake is for everyone on here? I know this is a difficult one to answer as some members like myself may dose adjust their insulin and vary the amount from day to day, as where type 2 people on medication or diet controlled may be more inclined to stick to a more rigid routine and therefore answers this question more accurately......I assume!

I'll start this off and say I eat approx 110-130g of carbs a day. Toby.

Im more on the 200 -250 g mark..............im a big strong boy though......or at least thats what i tell myself..........

maybe 90g a day for me sometimes less though 😱

your kiddin.......i must of got the calcs wrong.....im maybe 150g to 200g, unless i have pasta................

90g a day........could you go through what that consists of?

your kiddin.......i must of got the calcs wrong.....im maybe 150g to 200g, unless i have pasta................

90g a day........could you go through what that consists of?

I will maybe have chips or potatoes with tea up to 3 exchanges (30gs) obv chicken and veg etc, I rarely eat lunch but have maybe have 1 piece of toast for breakfast and a packet of crisps or an orange for a snack... Its sounds so bad when I say it on here :(

Mostly around the 150g mark. Though recent days range 100g - 225g.

Basal:Bolus split is almost 50:50 oddly enough. I read a US blogger posting that his team wanted him to aim for that, though I have no idea why!

M

maybe it is more than 90gs:confused: im not very good with numbers haha 😉

130-160 most days, more on some days, rarely less than 130.

Alvin tells me my average for the last month was 212 grams of carbs.
Basal is about 45% but still tweeking. Got most of it right but still room for improvement as it were.

I vary from one day to the next but typically around 60g. That figure includes salad stuff which I know from testing has virtually no effect on my BG levels. I've largely given up starchy carbs because they take me too high.

I have no idea, but I will monitor what I eat and let you know 😉

what makes up the 60g?

Saled stuff (I did say includes) together with various pulses, tomatoes, onions and other odds and ends - I'm one of those lucky T2s who find that pulses do not raise my BG by very much at all.

I'm T2 on Byetta and am still learning about the carbs. I try not to have more than about 30g with any meal but breakfast is usually less. I do have a couple of bits of fruit as snacks during the day. It is fairly easy to stick with lowish amounts of carbs as I rarely feel hungry. I'm told Byetta users need about 30g per meal in order for the drug to work.

I'm T2 on Byetta and am still learning about the carbs. I try not to have more than about 30g with any meal but breakfast is usually less. I do have a couple of bits of fruit as snacks during the day. It is fairly easy to stick with lowish amounts of carbs as I rarely feel hungry. I'm told Byetta users need about 30g per meal in order for the drug to work.

ditto what Lizziee said

Wow. Some low amounts there. I feel like a hog ! 😱

About 200g a day give or take about 20g I would think.

45g breakfast
maybe 50-80g lunch
60-120g tea

plus milk, etc and snacks when low.

basal about 22% ish.

Rob

Hello,

I'd say around 150-200g per day but thats a guesstimate.

Breakfast - Cereal plus 75ml milk - 30g (6 units of insulin - 2:1CP DAFNE ratio)
Lunch - Sandwich, crisps, biscuit - 60g (6 units of insulin 1:1CP)
Evening - meat, veg, potatoes or chips, youghurt - 60g (6 units of insulin 1:1CP)

Plus a little more for mid-morning / mid-afternoon snacks if I feel like having them (which I usually do)

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back