OneTouch Ultra Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you do get the VAT off if you are registered diabetic.
Pray do tell me more about this. As in how do you register as a diabetic and then go around getting VAT off medical stuff related to diabetes. 🙂 Feel free to PM if you want to keep this thread on topic. :D

Just inform the chemist. They should knock off the VAT (you may have to sign a declaration form though). If they don't, you can get a form to claim back the cost of VAT.

today i ordered the OneTouch UltraSmart, annnd because it was free and colourful, i also got the one that was on the first or second page of Balance? i gave a preference of a red or purple cover lol.

i also called the company that does the 'click on' needles, they're sending me a sample pack.

all in all, win!

today i ordered the OneTouch UltraSmart, annnd because it was free and colourful, i also got the one that was on the first or second page of Balance? i gave a preference of a red or purple cover lol.

i also called the company that does the 'click on' needles, they're sending me a sample pack.

all in all, win!

lol! way to horde the free stuff!

lol! way to horde the free stuff!

lol i know, my partner was like 'but now you have 4 testing meters!?!?!' (i haven't told him about the spare one i have, taking it up to 5!)

but i thought...if it's free, why not?? i like trying new things!

lol i know, my partner was like 'but now you have 4 testing meters!?!?!' (i haven't told him about the spare one i have, taking it up to 5!)

but i thought...if it's free, why not?? i like trying new things!

5??????!!!!!!!!

I had 3...but threw one out cuz it was a pile of...well...you can guess what im gunna say :D

I like the sound of it and have read the specs. The one thing I don't like is the short battery life. I've most certainly done many more tests with my Accu Chek Aviva over the eight or so months that I've had it for than it seems this one could manage. Apart from that I would buy one. I think if I do get a new meter soon I'll be sticking with Accu Chek though, the Aviva Nano.

Tom

I like the sound of it and have read the specs. The one thing I don't like is the short battery life. I've most certainly done many more tests with my Accu Chek Aviva over the eight or so months that I've had it for than it seems this one could manage. Apart from that I would buy one. I think if I do get a new meter soon I'll be sticking with Accu Chek though, the Aviva Nano.

Tom

dude, if going for a new accu-chek i really recomment the compact plus.

Tom
If you are on about the One Touch Ultra, I can't say it has a poor battery life. I've had mine for over a year and have not had to change the batteries when testing 4-5 times a day. It also takes 2 x AAA batteries, unlike other meters which take button cells. A lot cheaper and easier to get hold of.

5??????!!!!!!!!

I had 3...but threw one out cuz it was a pile of...well...you can guess what im gunna say :D

i have my Freesyle Lite which i use on a day ot day base, i have my old Freestyle Mini as a back up in case the Lite packs up at short notice...i also have a meter under my bed that does ketones by blood (can't think what it's called), now i have another 2 on the way!

i have my Freesyle Lite which i use on a day ot day base, i have my old Freestyle Mini as a back up in case the Lite packs up at short notice...i also have a meter under my bed that does ketones by blood (can't think what it's called), now i have another 2 on the way!

i love my freestyle lite cant fault it the other one i have is a contour ones for emergencies

hey! it turns out it was delivered today, i only ordered it yesterday afternoon so i'm really impressed! they'd hidden it to the side of the front door, only noticed it when i went to go shopping late this evening...

anyway. it has lots of buttons which i'm attempting to learn how to use. i think at the mo i will keep using my freestlye lite as my main meter until i have the new strips prescribed/i'm comfy using it. will probably end up doing 2 tests at a time so the results go into both.

squee! *goes off to push buttons*

hey thats good then and what a fast delivery to x 🙂🙂

Are you thinking of the Optium Xceed ? I have one and they test blood ketones as well as blood 🙂

Hello,

I posted this in another thread, but it's more relevant to this one:

You can get the USB (or Serial) data cable for free by calling them on 0800 028 0616.

Get the USB Cable driver here:

http://www.lifescan.co.uk/Data/Resources/LifeScan/Corporate/GB/en/software/USBDriverSetup.exe

And get the OneTouch Diabetes Management Software v2.3.2 here:

http://www.lifescan.co.uk/Data/Resources/LifeScan/Corporate/GB/en/software/OneTouchSetup.exe

I've also never had any problems with battery life in the Ultra Smart.

NiVZ

Last edited:
Regarding batteries, check solutions, booklets for recording results, once you've registered with lifesacan (one touch meters), you get a freephone numbers and they deliver it all free to your house. (Usually within a couple of days) 😉

Regarding batteries, check solutions, booklets for recording results, once you've registered with lifesacan (one touch meters), you get a freephone numbers and they deliver it all free to your house. (Usually within a couple of days) 😉

Same service from Accuchek, should anyone not know. They also sent me the software and IR device within 24 hours by courier, and a free nano without me even asking!🙂

and same with abbott as well you get the solution or cables next day x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back