OneTouch Ultra Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i've just read a review of this (http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_0i_292.htm) and i REALLY want to try it! i'm willing to buy one, just to try it out.

thing is, i've tried lloyds, boots and superdrug online, but they don't stock it (at least not online). does anyone know where else i could try getting one? LifeScan's product page just leads me to lloyds.

Hi
We have always used all the One Touch range, they are fantastic and are proven to be one of the best ranges for most accurate readings (which always makes me happy)🙂

At the moment we have the One Touch Ultra 2 but at school they are using the Ultra Smart for my daughter. I used to use the Ultra Smart at home but I didn't use it to its full capacity as it takes time which I didn't have with a child in tow. I did used to put in when she had had an insulin injection. Plus you can down load all of this on the Lifescan software or the carelink software on line.

Have you tried ringing lifescan and actually asking them for one. It is the sticks they make the money on. I have often blagged free kits of them. You could always say you have been recommended them by lots of friends you have recently met via a diabetes forum and you have been advised they are one of the top brands for correct readings so you really really want one and wondered whether they could send you one !!!! Worth a try. 🙂

so have you tryed going out looking in shops yet? maybe ring this number for lifescan 0845 456 4484

Last edited:
Give me a shout if you want the lifescan phone number and I'll post it.

looks to me that there is a supply problem, maybe in a few weeks they'll have more around, but hell yeah it does look good, but a bit big for my liking!

give them a call, they were so helpful when I spoke to them earlier this week

thanks everyone, i have the number for them, i'm just really impatient and wanted to buy one tonight!!

rossi - i thought that too about the size but if it saves me carrying around a little notebook to write down all my food/insulin, i think i can compromise!

I don't write anything down! But can see the benefit, let us know how you get on, seriously interested!

I bought it in Boots, they don't market it here.
I must like it, I use it as my main meter, even though I have to convert it from mmol to mg/l to put the reading into my pump.
(fortunately the software will convert it when I need to show my doctor)

hi Shiv have you had any luck in ordering/buying the meter yet?

I am not at home at the moment, but seem to remember that there was a voucher or something in the Balance I got yesterday which implied you might be able to get one for nothing.
(If I am wrong I apologise.)

When you get yours, you will be impressed -I find them great - and you can get the software to download your results as well.

Looks like quite a neat meter. Does what others do but adds new features that I could find quite useful in explaining stuff to me. 🙂

I have used the US2 for over a year and the Light version for 6/12. Both good for downloading to the soft touch (Free!) software.

Just been given the US smart at the clinic. Much more refined than the US2 and not only can you download the data, you can take it to your surgery and a wide range of data is available on the bg monitor.

A bit bulky, but an excellent tool. Shall fully search its usefulness whilst away next week.

I'm getting very tempted by this piece of kit, and I don't usually go for gadgets! So the real question is how much dough do I need to get it?

I've used one of these meters for a while - although I'm not the most gifted with technology so I have no idea how to use all the features. I got mine free from the local diabetic nurses. It might be worth asking for one, you never know your luck.

I got mine from Boots. If they don't have one on the shelves, ask them and they should be able to get them in to order.

Note that although the software is free, you will need to buy a cable to connect it, and a spare serial port on your PC (it's not USB).

I think the meter cost me about ?35.00, but you do get the VAT off if you are registered diabetic. Well worth the cost for the extra features. If only it could also measure ketones.

In most recent issue of Balance it has an advert for OneTouch UltraSmart. You can call for a free meter if you're an insulin meter living in UK/ROI and aged 16 or over. One free meter per person, Excluding existing users of OneTouch Brand blood glucose meter. Offer closes 31/12/09.

Just call 0800 121 200 (UK) or 1800 535 676 (ROI) and quote promotion code AE23. Lines open 08:30 - 6pm MON-FRI, 9am-1pm SAT.

Easy, I'll be doing the same thing for my missus :D

-By the way I don't work for these people I'm just typing out the advert! -

Last edited:
I WANT ONE

but ive only just got my new accuchek :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back