One year aniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It's the one year aniversary of my diagnoses.
On the 1st December I went into hospital with an infection (cellulitis, second bout). This is why I was diagnosed. On the 10th I was actually told I'm diabetic. I suspect they'd decided I was by the 4th.

Having had cellulitis a few times I know how nasty it can be. Unfortunately it is all too common amongst us with diabetes although is easily treated and clears up nicely with antibiotics.

Happy Diaversary Ralph! 🙂 I imagine you've had quite a few ups and downs over the past year, hopefully you find yourself in much better health now 🙂

I have also had cellulitis a few times but didn't realise it was associated with diabetes, and usually clears up with antibiotics as Caroline said. Mine is normally brought on by bee, wasp or mosquito stings, and as soon as I realise what has got me I scoot straight off to the docs for the pills???
has always worked so far (touching the head🙄🙄)

I have also had cellulitis a few times but didn't realise it was associated with diabetes, and usually clears up with antibiotics as Caroline said. Mine is normally brought on by bee, wasp or mosquito stings, and as soon as I realise what has got me I scoot straight off to the docs for the pills???
has always worked so far (touching the head🙄🙄)
Mine is usually brought on by a knock to my leg and the last time it was a secondary infection to go with what was happening with my toes, but was sorted with antibiotics.

I don't know what brought mine on. I was told infections are more likely when you have diabetis. I knew something was wrong from how I felt, before anything showed in my leg.
I was in hospital for 3 weeks, from 1st to 21st, on IV antibiotics. I was then on tablets for another 4-5 weeks. I had a fever, stripped with a fan to cool me; and was put on an IV for hydration the first day.
I'd had it at the begining of the year. Not as bad as this time.

Oh. I suppose I'm not a newbie diabetic any more. So long getting to say "Welcome fellow newbie. I'm a newbie diabetic too."

Happy Diaversary Ralph. Hope you left a carrot out for the fairy, she's very amenable to bribery and corruption, I hear she goes easy on you if she gets a Diaversary present o_O

Happy anniversary.
I've had Cellulitas 3 times too. First time was 16 years ago following hitting my shin at work. Ended up in hospital tor 10 days that time. Last time was 2 years ago from an insect bite. I go camping about 3 times a year, always use plenty of bug repellent now.

Happy Diaversary Ralph. Hope you left a carrot out for the fairy, she's very amenable to bribery and corruption, I hear she goes easy on you if she gets a Diaversary present o_O
I've got a pile of carrots in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back