one touch ultra easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaraway

Just wondering if anyone uses the one touch ultra easy meter.

I have phoned up today to get my free one (i asked them to send the pink one), how do you find it?

I've always used abbott meters but thought I would try it.

also looks like you can get a glucomenlx if you ring up

I have phoned up today to get my free one (i asked them to send the pink one), how do you find it?

Not tried it,ive got an optium xceed at the moment, i need to get a new meter though. Let us know what it's like please:confused: Where did you get the number from?? i might phone and see if i can get one... Does that sound too cheeky? soz.

i had the ultra easy and it was a very good unit, but my dsn gave me the optium exceed now and i must say i do like it a lot 🙂

ultra easy is a good unit too but i didnt have it long enough to use all the functions on it.

I was given a glucomenix by a rep but have never used it - just have it as a standby emergency. I could have got a one touch at the same time, but felt I was being greedy so turned it down - don't know why now, as I could have passed it on to charity, was new to the 'game' at the time! I've just been given a free accuchek nano - waiting for it to arrive! I've used an accuchek aviva since diagnosis.

Not very useful for you re: the one touch, I appreciate! I think what puts me off using a different meter is having to get my prescription changed for the test strips. The nano uses the same as the aviva.

i had both the nano and aviva too!!!! lol had lots of different meter since diagnosis

The first meter I was given was the One Touch Ultra Easy, I thought it was good. I was recently given the One Touch Ultra Smart - I much prefer the One Touch Ultra Soft finger pricker that goes with it.

Hi

We have always used all the lifescan meters since Jessica was born. I have an ultra easy for spare but only just started using it as the new ones you can down load and I down load the data. We are using the Ultra one touch 2 at the moment but at school they use the ultra smart. I love the ultra smart but its a bit heavy for my bag along with the cokes etc. I have tried loads of different makes but always come back to Lifescan. Customer support is fantastic as well. The Lifescan meters are always top of the polls for accuracy as well by the way.

Originally given the Ultra 2. Software, drivers and cable supplied by lifescan - no charge.
Hospital gave me an ulta easy, but it wasn't the latest with the download facility. Lifescan provided another so that I could use their software.
The larger original Ultra 2 is IMHO a much better instrument.

I like my one touch ultra easy. I was given a slimline version and didn't like it and an acesinsia breeze which I never used because I didn't like it. I gave both away in the end.

I think iti is a personal thing as I know people who use other meters and get on well with them.

I was given a glucomenix by a rep but have never used it - just have it as a standby emergency. I could have got a one touch at the same time, but felt I was being greedy so turned it down - don't know why now, as I could have passed it on to charity, was new to the 'game' at the time! I've just been given a free accuchek nano - waiting for it to arrive! I've used an accuchek aviva since diagnosis.

Not very useful for you re: the one touch, I appreciate! I think what puts me off using a different meter is having to get my prescription changed for the test strips. The nano uses the same as the aviva.

Northerner, Alex was sent 2 nano's a couple of weeks ago - he absolutley loves them! He told me to tell you they are cool looking and light up in the night! They also look like a 'gadgety thing' rather than something medical.:D Bev

Northerner, Alex was sent 2 nano's a couple of weeks ago - he absolutley loves them! He told me to tell you they are cool looking and light up in the night! They also look like a 'gadgety thing' rather than something medical.:D Bev

I think that is half the battle, if the person who has to use the things likes the look, they will be happier and the gadgets are invariably easier to use. I'm glad Alex lkies what he has.

I really want a nano. Bev how did you get hold of them?

you could try just ringing up and seeing if they will send one. Or ask your DSN if she has any.

thanks for all the replies. I am currently using optimum xceed and don't have any problems with it. I like that it has a ketone measuring aswell.

i'm not good at blagging free things but I will try :D

btw nikki, one touch ultra easy is the meter I use and it's good. I like it mostly because it's so small so can fit in any bag hehe.

i love my exceed cos of the blood ketone testing it has. its far more accurate than urine testing. if i had to choose between this exceed and a ultra easy i think i would go for the exceed just for the ketone testing.

Katie, both of Alex's blue acu check meters had failed so we rang them up and 2 new nano's arrived the next day! You could try ringing them as they are only too happy to get people hooked onto their products! Or ask your DN if she can get one for you? Bev

Hi Nikki, hope you are well!

I used to use the one touch easy meter, got it in green (wished I got it in purple!), I liked it but it doesnt do anything fancy, just 50 readings, but ts easily forgivable as it looks good!

I applied through the advert in this issue of balance for a nano meter too, they look cool. It says through the website the first 50 applicants get free meters so worth a try. It asks what meter you currently use, so its their loss if they have miss the oportunity to get us on their strips by not sending one!

i love my exceed cos of the blood ketone testing it has. its far more accurate than urine testing. if i had to choose between this exceed and a ultra easy i think i would go for the exceed just for the ketone testing.

ketone testing for yourself sounds like a good idea, where can I get an exceed?

i got mine off my dsn, but im sure if you looked on the abbott website for a number and rang them they would be more than happy to send you one out 🙂

just called them up, theyre ?15 from the website, come with two types of strips, one to test your blood and ones to test your ketones, they seemed very nice, but advised to ask DSN first and see if you can get one without paying for it!! i think thats an excellent idea to have the ketone testing in the same kit, very clever!!

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back