One Touch software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...... it works in that programme. Still not working in the one touch programme but at least I have something to look at! All connected and downloaded straightaway!

So looks like it's some sort of software issue with the one touch stuff on my laptop which I suppose is a relief, at least it's not a dodgy meter or something!

The software works on my laptop (vista) but I can't download the data from my meter onto it. I have no problem with it on our desktop so I have to download it onto the desktop, save the data onto a memory stick and transfer it to the laptop (a nuisance to say the least 🙄 )

In the 'readme' file that comes with the software there is this statement

Some laptops and some plug and play computers violate serial port communication standards. Most of these computers can be set to follow standard serial port settings. In addition, some computers using power management software may disable the port to conserve power. Please consult your manual or contact the manufacturer for the procedure.

Not being too technical and having found a way that worked, I gave up trying.
And yes, I find no problem downloading the data onto sidiary on the laptop.

It works!!!!

I got an email back from One Touch technical support and it's all sorted. Have to say, once again, I am so impressed with their customer service, so friendly and helpful.

I know a few other have had similar problems so please excuse the long post but I thought I'd let you know what they suggested:

1) Check in your System Properties, within your Control Panel, whether your system is a 64 bit or a 32 bit computer. If it is a 64 bit system, then the USB driver is not currently compatible and we are working on an upgrade. If this is the case, we can send you a Serial Cable as a temporary fix.

2) It may be that the USB Driver has not successfully installed. Please check in "Device Manager" to see if you have an "Other Device" showing. If so, please remove this "Other Device", uninstall the Driver, reboot your system and then reinstall the driver.

3) Check in the "Ports (Com & LPT) Folder and you should see a port reading something along the lines of "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (Com #)". The COM port being used will be in brackets.
Once you have established this, go back into the OneTouch software, click on PREFERENCES and under the General Tab, in the Look for Meter On section, uncheck the Autosearch box and choose the current COM PORT used. Click SAVE:

It was the third option that worked for me.

Now having lots of fun (!) which all the charts and graphs, it's actually picking up some things that I hadn't which is useful.

excellent!! Woo Hoo, so what does it tell you??? All these threads about fancy meters and downloading is really making me think, but I won't rush into anything😉

I've always been one to say that I don't need all the fanyc charts and graphs but it has given me a few things to think about. Even though I write it all down it showing me what percentage I'm out of range at any given time is really useful. For example, pre dinner seems I'm quite regularly below target, although not hypo, so although it's in my log book I'd not really registered. I suppose it's just a different way of seeing the data.

I've always been one to say that I don't need all the fanyc charts and graphs but it has given me a few things to think about. Even though I write it all down it showing me what percentage I'm out of range at any given time is really useful. For example, pre dinner seems I'm quite regularly below target, although not hypo, so although it's in my log book I'd not really registered. I suppose it's just a different way of seeing the data.

is it all up and running ok now Aymes ? :confused: I have been trying to keep up with the thread but Ive got abit lost in all the gargon 😱

Thats great you got it working Aymes, and good to know their technical support is good.

It sounds like it was having problems automatically detecting which port the meter was connected to. I didn't know you could set an option to tell the program which one it's on.

Just watch out that on my PC for example, if I plug the USB cable into a different USB port (my laptop has 3 USB ports) I get a different COM port depending which one it's in,

eg USB 1 = COM4
USB2 = COM5
USB 3 = COM6

If your laptop does this you'll need to make sure you change the COM port in the preferences again.

I've been messing about lately trying to write my own computer program to read my blood sugars from the meter, but it's been seriously difficult so far :(

NiVZ

glad you got it all sorted aymes patcience is a vertue eh x

I have downloaded everything and spent hours trying to get the damn thing to work... I have an Ultra Easy too and got the usb cable the other day, but when I plug it in I get prolific usb blah blah com 5 (failed) and this happens each time.. also does the meter have to be turned on, because I can't get it to turn on lol !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back