One Touch software

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just wondering if anyone uses the One Touch software with Windows Vista?

I received everything last week and tonight and last night I tried to get it all set up but hitting a brick wall, the software seem fine but it won't pick up the meter when it's connected. Looking through the booklet that came with it Vista isn't listed as being compatible with the cable, but the website says that it is so just wondered if anyone knew....?

I plan to give them al call but working late all the week so not going to have a chance, soooo disappointed, really want to play around with my charts and graphs!

I've only used it on XP. I'll try installing it on my Windows 7 machine tonight and see if that works.

Are you using a serial cable or USB?

If it's a recent PC and you are using the serial cable, check your BIOS settings. It's quite common for serial ports to be disabled by default on some newer machines.

Thank you for your help, I'm using the USB cable.

It's all very confusing, everything seems to work independently but just won't connect up, eg the laptop recognises the cable but the software doesn't, but the software by itself works fine!

I've emailed the tech support, not sure how much help they can be as it's not over the phone but fingers crossed!

The UltraSmart is different from the other meters in that it needs to be turned on in order to connect. The other meters will connect when they are off.
Also, make sure the plug is fully interted into the side of the meter. When Mine was new, it took a little bit of force before it finally 'clicked' into place.
Does the meter show 'PC' when you have the cable plugged in?

I'm using an Ultra Easy so leave it off when I plug it in.

It seems like the cable is in fine but I must admit I've not exactly forced it so I'll give that a go when a get home, it'd be great if it is something as straightforward as that!

PC doesn't come up on the meter :(

For some reason I have the same problem with my Optium Xceed kit, it won't work on vista :(

Haven't used the ultra easy or the USB cable, but I can think of a couple of things.

Are you connecting it via an unpowered USB hub? It may be a high power device which needs to be connected to a powered hub.

Does the Ultra Easy have a 3.5mm connector or does it use an adaptor to connect to the test strip port?

(The Ultra Smart uses the 3.5mm jack, the One Touch Ultra uses the test strip port.)

What you need to get started:
found this off a website the requirements it says you need to use the one touch
* A OneTouch? Meter with a data port.
* A Windows?-compatible computer with:
o 266 MHz, Intel? Pentium? 2 or equivalent (higher is recommended)
o Minimum 128 MB of RAM (higher will help overall performance)
o Minimum free hard disk space 100-200 MB during installation 100 MB for after installation
* Microsoft? Windows? 98 Second Edition, Windows? NT 4.0 Workstation (SP6 or above), Windows? 2000 Professional (SP4 or above), Windows? Me, Windows? XP (SP2 or above) Home and Professional (SP2 or above) and Windows Vista? (compatible with 32-bit versions only)
* 9-pin/25-pin COM or USB port
* Either:
o A OneTouch? Interface Cable (with software driver for USB)(required for OneTouch Meters only), or
o An appropriate cable for non-OneTouch? Brand devices that are supported by OneTouch Software.
* Mouse/Trackball
* Keyboard
* Windows?-compatible printer (recommended if you wish to print reports; color printer recommended if you wish to print in color).
* Video monitor with at least 800x600 pixel screen resolution and 256 colors
* CD-ROM driv

i use the following meters with Vista , Ultra touch 2, Ultra Easy, ans Ultra Smart. I forget to switch the Ultra smart on first some of the time.

Also, make sure the plug is fully interted into the side of the meter. When Mine was new, it took a little bit of force before it finally 'clicked' into place.

Wasn't that, such a shame, really hoped it was going to be straightforward!

Are you connecting it via an unpowered USB hub? It may be a high power device which needs to be connected to a powered hub.

Does the Ultra Easy have a 3.5mm connector or does it use an adaptor to connect to the test strip port?

It's a powered port so not that, has the 3.5mm connector to the meter.

Hi Aymes,

I ran into this problem this morning too using XP. Downloaded the software and the USB driver but it wouldn't find the meter.

Turns out you need to download an updated driver for the:

OneTouch Ultra Easy
OneTouch Vita

You can get it from this direct link:

http://www.lifescan.co.uk/Data/Resources/LifeScan/Corporate/GB/en/software/Setup.exe

This should work on Vista too.

NiVZ

Gave it a go but no luck, I've already installed that driver so that's not the problem.

i use the following meters with Vista , Ultra touch 2, Ultra Easy, ans Ultra Smart. I forget to switch the Ultra smart on first some of the time.

Not a vista problem then, need to keep investigating, sooo annoying!

Hi aymes,

Just wanted to double check, I had to install 3 seperate parts all downloaded from LifeScan

1. One Touch Software
2. USB Cable Driver
3. Updated meter driver

First thing I'd try is plug in the cable and look in Device Manager. I use XP and can't remember where it is on Vista (try Start -> Run, then type: devmgmt.msc and click OK)

Expand the [+] beside "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check you have a "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" listed. It should also have COM# in brackets where # is the number of the port. It's COM5 on mine.

NiVZ

Hi aymes,

Just wanted to double check, I had to install 3 seperate parts all downloaded from LifeScan

1. One Touch Software
2. USB Cable Driver
3. Updated meter driver

First thing I'd try is plug in the cable and look in Device Manager. I use XP and can't remember where it is on Vista (try Start -> Run, then type: devmgmt.msc and click OK)

Expand the [+] beside "Ports (COM & LPT)" and check you have a "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" listed. It should also have COM# in brackets where # is the number of the port. It's COM5 on mine.

NiVZ

Hi

Yep, I've downloaded and installed all three, they sent me the cds for them but I also tried using the ones on the website in case there was some issue with the cds but no luck.

Checked the device manager as you described and it is listed.

I've also tried connecting my one touch 2 meter (which worked fine on my last computer) up to it to see if it's the meter but that wouldn't connect either. Also tried a different cable but that didn't work either so I don't think it's a hardware issue but it seems there's something stopping the meter and my laptop communicating in some way.

I hope you sort it out soon, but if you don't I have a perfect solution.

A pen, pad, and graph paper!!😛

Okay maybe not ideal! We must embrace technology!?!

I hope you sort it out soon, but if you don't I have a perfect solution.

A pen, pad, and graph paper!!😛

Okay maybe not ideal! We must embrace technology!?!

Lol, the meter and the laptop will be thrown out the window soon, now on my third night of trying to sort! Can't believe I've been sucked in, really wasn't fussed about being able to download my reading, then they offered it all to me when I got a replacement meter and now I'm obsessed!

Lol, the meter and the laptop will be thrown out the window soon, now on my third night of trying to sort! Can't believe I've been sucked in, really wasn't fussed about being able to download my reading, then they offered it all to me when I got a replacement meter and now I'm obsessed!

But it's a good meter no?
It would do my head in, in all honesty, but I do like the idea of that fancy one ultra smart??

But it's a good meter no?
It would do my head in, in all honesty, but I do like the idea of that fancy one ultra smart??

It's an ultra easy meter, the pink one! Love it as my meter, only got sent a new one because my other one started playing up. Nice and small and straight forward, I'm not normally concerned about it doing fancy stuff.

LOL I can't get mine to connect now! Tried on two different laptops.

I really like the Ultra Easy too. Going to try hooking up my old UltraSmart tomorrow.

If I figure it out I'll let you know what I did 😉

NiVZ

Oh goodness, hope I've not jinxed everyone now!

Good luck and thank you for helping!

Connected again. Seems my Ultra Easy got itself all confused.

I downloaded a different diabetes software from here (26mb):

http://www.sidiary.org/download/SiDiary6SetupEn.exe

and it connected first time.

Closed that program and went back to One Touch software and it's working again.

Might be worth a try.

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back