One last shout out... Similar time spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion2012

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hey guys hope all are well.
I have finally found some sort of routine that seems to work to keep my little lad in range in the morning and through the day.
However, as i have posted on this a few times now i thought id ask again and attach a copy of the graph once again to show the sudden fast spike from around 3pm ish onwards.... Every day this.
His team of professionals have no insight and cannot help us with this other than suggest a pump... Which i agreed to him having in May (when his appointment is).
He is on 3 units Levermere in the morning and 9.5 levemere in the evening before bed.
Dinner at school around 1245..... 1300...the way nothing else until home.

Graph attached once more.

Ps things are much more settled than previous concerns that i posted but still these spikes same time daily.... Driving me insane

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421_144741_org.nativescript.LibreLinkUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421_144741_org.nativescript.LibreLinkUp.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220420_152645_org.nativescript.LibreLinkUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420_152645_org.nativescript.LibreLinkUp.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 21
Perhaps consider splitting the lunch time bolus. I use Fiasp and find splitting the dose is the answer.

Perhaps consider splitting the lunch time bolus. I use Fiasp and find splitting the dose is the answer.
Thank you.... For this. His team have said that usually when peeps do this is usually when they go low before going high and they still recommend waiting for the pump.
I am ready to try the pump no issue at all with this... But.... Their must be reasoning to all this?.. Rather than just hooking my son up to a pump and seeing how we go. Surely the reasoning behind this needs to be found first.
Many thanks

I saw a story in the press of somebody who had had fantastic success using the CF drug your son is on, it completely changed her life so I hope your son sees similar benefit.

I saw a story in the press of somebody who had had fantastic success using the CF drug your son is on, it completely changed her life so I hope your son sees similar benefit.
Thank you so much yes this drug seems to be a real... Real game changer ☺️...

Thank you.... For this. His team have said that usually when peeps do this is usually when they go low before going high and they still recommend waiting for the pump.
I am ready to try the pump no issue at all with this... But.... Their must be reasoning to all this?.. Rather than just hooking my son up to a pump and seeing how we go. Surely the reasoning behind this needs to be found first.
Many thanks
Having a pump is a real life changer esp in quality of life 🙂 Do buy the book pumping insulin by John Walsh it will be your Bible very easy to understand and delve into when needed.
Fiasp works differently than than Novo hence the better result by splitting the dose.

One thing you have to remember though is that you will never achieve perfect numbers every day of the week. What you see on the graph are just numbers so don't beat yourself up about them. Other option is to inject after eating and see if that helps but doubt it will.

Having a pump is a real life changer esp in quality of life 🙂 Do buy the book pumping insulin by John Walsh it will be your Bible very easy to understand and delve into when needed.
Fiasp works differently than than Novo hence the better result by splitting the dose.

One thing you have to remember though is that you will never achieve perfect numbers every day of the week. What you see on the graph are just numbers so don't beat yourself up about them. Other option is to inject after eating and see if that helps but doubt it will.
Thank you again for this. Very much appreciated x

Sounds like you are doing amazingly @Lion2012

Your systematic and methodical approach is really paying off. Gove yourself some real credit. This is a massively steep learning curve, and you are rocking it so far!

Just pondering if some of the nonsense that the Diabetes Fairy flings about might be the cause of this strange pattern? Excitement (or stress or anxiety or joy) can cause a bump in BGs due to the release of hormones - might it be just the excitement if school being over?

With up to 42 factors possibly implicated in BG upheaval, it’s a wonder our guesswork ever works out right!

Sounds like you are doing amazingly @Lion2012

Your systematic and methodical approach is really paying off. Gove yourself some real credit. This is a massively steep learning curve, and you are rocking it so far!

Just pondering if some of the nonsense that the Diabetes Fairy flings about might be the cause of this strange pattern? Excitement (or stress or anxiety or joy) can cause a bump in BGs due to the release of hormones - might it be just the excitement if school being over?

With up to 42 factors possibly implicated in BG upheaval, it’s a wonder our guesswork ever works out right!

Thank you so much for the information this is very much appreciated..... It really is.
Still having to correct through the night to keep him in the green come morning but.......... Getting there thank you.
The pump, once fitted should give me some welcomed sleep

I used to spike after lunch every day - I found the only way to deal with it was to split my lunch and eat the second half an hour or two later than the first half (as soon as Libre shows bgl starting to drop). That's not much use for someone at school with set lunchtimes though, sorry. I also have to slightly round up my lunchtime bolus and then eat a biscuit late afternoon, once my blood sugar starts going down after the second half of my lunch.

I hope things work out for you and your lad with the pump, hopefully being able to fine-tune the insulin to fit with his needs at different times of day will help.

Does it happen at the weekends as well as the weekdays? Could it be something like excitement of finishing school (3pm sounded like an end of day time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back